General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Interior Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:49 PM

Interior Lighting

OK, I just discoverd there is no lighting in the rear cargo space. Real bummer in the dark. What have any of you done to remedy this?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:56 PM

I haven't done anything yet although I am looking into something with LED's. Just too dark in there at night.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:17 PM

Since the battery is in the rear cargo area, I would think one could rig something up and tap into that. Or until you can do something you like, there's always those battery operated tap lights that are so popular for putting places.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Since the battery is in the rear cargo area, I would think one could rig something up and tap into that. Or until you can do something you like, there's always those battery operated tap lights that are so popular for putting places.
those battery operated tap lights are so WEAK!
I've got em in my pantry and the're as worthless as boobs on a boar.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:55 AM

My 2007 has a dome light back there and is more than bright enough...why don't you have a dome light in the rear like mine does?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lynnrock
OK, I just discoverd there is no lighting in the rear cargo space. Real bummer in the dark. What have any of you done to remedy this?
Hey lynnrock....

In your signature you indicate you have a 2LT. If that is the case, you do have a light back there (unless during assembly, it was not installed).

It has a selector switch on the side that allows the driver 3 choices....always off, on when doors or hatch is open, or manual on. I suggest you read your owners book for the explanation.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey lynnrock....

In your signature you indicate you have a 2LT. If that is the case, you do have a light back there (unless during assembly, it was not installed).

It has a selector switch on the side that allows the driver 3 choices....always off, on when doors or hatch is open, or manual on. I suggest you read your owners book for the explanation.
I agree, mine has this feature. Maybe he has an 2006 and they were different?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

Ahhh, NO...
Mine is an 06'..
Old 11-18-2006, 08:41 PM

Yep, snoopy, you are so right. My husband went out to check it out for me and all it was was the switch not set right. Thanks all!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:57 PM

I have no Idea what you are talking about, I have a light just above the rear seat and it lights up the back cargo area. I have found out that if I do not have it in the right position then my Amber running lights do not go on and my head lights stay on. Now thats a bummer.

If you go to Radio Shack and purchase a over head Light WHITE/RED in Color whent this light is on them you will have light out the A_ _.

That is the light that we put in the Police crusiers after sunset when crazy people make us give them a Citation. They are really cool they have 2 bulbs RED & WHITE and they only cost about 6 bucks and very easy to install. At least check it out for your self & let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting