General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

LightInSight

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM

LightInSight

Hey all,

I got my LightInSight over the weekend, and I must say I am impressed. No longer do I have to tilt my head or stoop down to see the traffic lights with I am the first in line.

This is a good product, easy to install, and great for my neck!

http://www.lightinsight.com/

DropkickHHR
Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by dropkickhhr
Hey all, got my LightInSight over the weekend, and I must say I am impressed. No longer do I have to tilt my head or stoop down to see the traffic lights with I am the first in line. This is a good product, easy to install, and great for my neck! DropkickHHR
You know this item had been on here before and I am really confused (usual state), I live in small town in the hinterlands and we got our first traffic light just a couple of years ago (crime went up right after) and now we have three. They obviously are fairly new and not only is there the overhead traffic light but there is one mounted lower on the corner post facing traffic, most cities are the same, no neck bending required. Do older or rural installations not have the corner light?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Old Ray
You know this item had been on here before and I am really confused (usual state), I live in small town in the hinterlands and we got our first traffic light just a couple of years ago (crime went up right after) and now we have three. They obviously are fairly new and not only is there the overhead traffic light but there is one mounted lower on the corner post facing traffic, most cities are the same, no neck bending required. Do older or rural installations not have the corner light?
The problem I have with the corner light is the pillars block that view if you are not pulled up far enough.

DropkickHHR
Old 04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Founding Member

Most lights in Dallas are hung across the Intersection with wires or poles. Hardly any lights on the posts any more. I guess they got tired of replacing them every time an a-hole thought they were targets and mowed them down.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 04-29-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: just needed to....
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Likewise here in TN, most lights are strung above the intersection on cables, or newer installations on light poles with crossmembers. Nothing on the poles at the corners of the intersection here. And, with some of the smaller intersections in the outlying areas, it's a total pain in the hindquarters to see the lights.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:59 PM

I also have a LightInSight and wonder how I lived without it before.

At the Meet N Greet this weekend I noticed no one else had one, but one of the members mentioned that she had a prism.

Such a simple design, a flexible piece of plastic that sticks on it's own with no residue if you remove it or reposition it.

Wish I would have thought of it to market to you all.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM

I have one too. I have to say, it was money well spent. I can almost pull up directly under one of those traffic lights and still see it.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 PM

old ray have you done any driving here in Vancouver? people run red & yellows so much. It doesn't matter if the traffic lights are strung across the intersection or on a corner post. Some people in the city have a huge blind spot due to the fact they drive with their head up their ass and only pull it out to talk to the order taker at the local drive thru window.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by chooch
old ray have you done any driving here in Vancouver? people run red & yellows so much. It doesn't matter if the traffic lights are strung across the intersection or on a corner post. Some people in the city have a huge blind spot due to the fact they drive with their head up their ass and only pull it out to talk to the order taker at the local drive thru window.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by dropkickhhr
Hey all,

I got my LightInSight over the weekend, and I must say I am impressed. No longer do I have to tilt my head or stoop down to see the traffic lights with I am the first in line.

This is a good product, easy to install, and great for my neck!

http://www.lightinsight.com/

DropkickHHR
Good lord, man, that thing looks hideous :-)
Always check with our vendors here first. I have a prism from one of them that required a hole in the dash by the glove box but the coolness factor is definately there... everybody asks about it.