General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

looking at getting this hhr

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM

looking at getting this hhr

http://www.erepairables.com/vehicle_...rolet_hhr.html

what do you think ?
thanks in advance

it is drivable so i would drive it back

what i can see and useing gm parts direct it should take $1000.00 to fix.
The air bags i did not get the prices yet
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 PM

WHAT THATS CRAZY $3,900 DOLLARS FOR A HHR? There has to be hidden damage you can't see... thus is the problem...

Possible Frame Damage
2 airbags (anywhere from 400-1,200 (+) dollars)
Maybe Airbag Modules
Left Fender
Bumper
Hood
(Possibly) Right Fender
Front Grill
New door, if not door skin
Bottom Moulding (under doors where the mud flaps would go)
Rim
Tire
Left Headlight
Paint
Supplies (to paint car with)
Labor
and anything else thats misc.. that i can't see... I'm not a body shop estimator but where I work we do have a body shop and learned a few things.. Not trying to scare you away it's just the big IF'S that are needed. Also for this being a 2007 with 43,411 miles on the odometer thats alot.... I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find one with less miles and damage. just my
Old 10-24-2008, 09:48 PM

http://www.erepairables.com/vehicle_...rolet_hhr.html

Mileage is slighly higher but alot less work to be done...

2007 Chevrolet HHR
Mileage: 44305
VIN: 3GNDA23D57S551849
Vehicle
Type: Car
Condition:
Title: Salvage
Stock#: C3052
Price: $ 7,750

2.2, AUTO, PW, PL, PM, CC, CD, VERY MINOR DAMAGE, RUNS & DRIVES, 44,305 MILES.

Give this to a Painless Dent Repair Person... give them a few hours to a full days of work and it will look as good as new... (except fender looks like it needs to be replaced)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:48 PM

Which airbags? Always available in E-bay. You don't need side airbags, they are an option. Salvage titles hard to get financing I believe. I could never buy something like that without seeing it up-close and personal.

I think you'll be able to get fabulous deals on HHRs in a couple of years, due to the high number of rentals, and they won't have damage.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:44 AM

Why buy something that got smucked. Why bother with someone else's mess. I would be afraid of other problems that would be costly in the future.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Those are the kind of cars used car lots buy

Those are the kind of cars used car lots buy. Mine was like that. I bought an 2008 with 4770 miles for $12,500 drive out price including tax, title and license. It was only about 3 months old.
The damage on my car was supposedly just front and rear bumpers. Air bags did NOT deploy and has a clean title. I believe the left front fender was replaced and the drivers door feels different than the other doors so it may have been tweaked.
What concerns me about the car you are looking at is the mileage. The left front fender and hood are simple bolt ons. There may be minor cosmetic things to like cracked dash etc. that are not major but more of a pain to find and replace than they are worth.
I have a friend who has bought and repaired several cars like that and it is always difficult to get it to ride right and get rid of strange squeaks and rattles. He wants his car like new and in the end he did not save much money. So my long winded opinion is if you have experience repairing cars like that and are willing to live with a car that may have a few flaws then it could be a very good deal. If you want a car that is perfect or you do not have experience with that type car it is best to pass on it. To make it perfect could take more time and money than it is worth.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:06 PM

I wouldnt get that white one unless its for parts. Looks like a good chance the whole front end is twisted. It would take a pro to diagnose that one.