General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Looky what I found! (a little off topic?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Looky what I found! (a little off topic?)

I was looking around for the old classic "Teardrop" trailers, and kits and plans, like the ones you often see behind hot rods. I thought one of them would look really good behind an HHR. Anyhow I ran across this- It's the most unusual "Teardrop" trailer that was never built. The link will take you to the site where you can take a look, and even download FREE cad construction drawings. This is not for the faint of heart. No one has built one yet. But a finished one would be the coolest thing you could ever hook up to with your HHR. I am going to build one about a foot long, out of cardboard, just to see what it really will look like.
Here's the link- http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.u...rop/tear53.htm
Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member

Interesting concept. But I'm afraid, after being constructed, it would be heavier than allowed for the HHR.

Oh, those tear drop trailers that you spoke of......are in all the lots along Interstate 10, just outside of LA, Calif.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 PM

If you were good with sheetmetal & fibergalss......

But what wouldyou use it for? It's designed for a double bed and a few small lockers.