General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 AM

mufflers?

I'm going to make a dual exhaust setup. Trying to figure out which mufflers I need to get. Which one will work best inlet in center and outlet offset or inlet and outlet both center. Little help. Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 AM

A round muffler will be the easiest to fit.

If you want to use an oval muffler you can probably make about any outlet configuration work as long as the muffler itself isn't too big.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM

im going to use an oval muffler. I thought about the ones you have but I dont want it to be too loud. I just want a good tone. I just dont want to order an offset muffler and have a problem on the passenger side thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Not sure whose HHR this is, but I think this is what you're looking for.

Name:  Dual_Exhuast_2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  25.2 KB
Name:  Dual_Exhuast_4.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  39.7 KB
Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
Not sure whose HHR this is, but I think this is what you're looking for.

When I was going to do my duals, I talked to this guy and he told me they were IMCO mufflers. To make a long story short..... I bought the same mufflers in the picture and never used them.

I would sell them both very cheap if interested. They are still brand new in the boxes.........Mufflers only, no exhaust tips....PM me if interested.....Regards

BTW...The tips are off a Corvette Corsa exhaust that his friend had lying around.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
When I was going to do my duals, I talked to this guy and he told me they were IMCO mufflers. To make a long story short..... I bought the same mufflers in the picture and never used them.

I would sell them both very cheap if interested. They are still brand new in the boxes.........Mufflers only, no exhaust tips....PM me if interested.....Regards

BTW...The tips are off a Corvette Corsa exhaust that his friend had lying around.
Why didn't you use them? What did you use instead?
Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ballplr
Why didn't you use them? What did you use instead?
I just got done re-planning my exhaust. I didn't use the mufflers because I decided to go with a 3" single system.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:59 PM

good deal. I think I am going to go with stainless mufflers thanks for the offer though. I see in your pics you changed your air intake, what did you use? It looks like it goes to the driver side of the engine.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ballplr
good deal. I think I am going to go with stainless mufflers thanks for the offer though. I see in your pics you changed your air intake, what did you use? It looks like it goes to the driver side of the engine.

That is the remains of an old CGS setup (that totally sucked in my opinion)....I cut out the important piece (mass air connection) and ran it toward the drivers side like that when I installed the nitrous. What you can't see is the cold air tubing that comes up from the gap on that side of the engine compartment to the filter....Regards
Old 03-22-2008, 02:21 PM

do you have any pics of what you used to make the intake Thanks

Quick Reply: mufflers?