General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My HHR and I Have a New Job

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 PM

My HHR and I Have a New Job

I just got a job at Jimmy John's as a Delivery Driver, so I will get to work in my HHR!!

Here's some pictures of my trusty HHR on the job... I like the way it looks with the hat on it!
Name:  IMG_1178_1.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1186_1.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  96.8 KB

I'm originally from Green Bay, WI, but now I'm at college in Superior, WI. (6 hours away) I had to quit my old job in Green Bay since I was leaving for college. My old job was Maintenance/Cleaning at a printing place. Ever since I got here, I've been putting in lots of applications all over. I didn't just apply for delivery jobs, but I was kinda hoping that's the job I would get. It suits me well because I like driving, especially in my HHR! I applied at Jimmy John's two Saturdays ago, and I got a call back the same night. I had my interview last Monday, and started working last Tuesday, but I didn't drive at all 'til Thursday. I don't think it'll be too hard on my HHR. They told me at most you might put on 60 miles on a very busy day. So far, I've only put on about 10-30 miles a day. That's not too bad in my mind. But I usually only get about 19-21 mpg delivering since it's all stop-and-go driving. So far, I've worked 6 days, and I like it so far. I like it a lot better when we're busy. Because when you're not busy, you don't get to drive... I still have to do a lot of stuff inside. It's not like you just drive the entire time; it's just part of the job. But I like it, it's a good job!

Just curious: Does anyone else use their HHR for delivering or similar work?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Hope they're paying you to mod your car and advertise.

Jim
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 PM

Shouldn't you have an SS for faster delivery?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Be safe and I know sometimes you gotta work while you are in school (I always had one/two jobs while in school including now in grad school), but remember, you are a student first!

Nice car ...

@
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
Shouldn't you have an SS for faster delivery?
LOL It probably would be faster!! But if I drive too fast, then I risk getting pulled over, and if that happened it would take even longer!! And cost me a lot more!! I don't want to ruin my completely clean driving record...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Be safe and I know sometimes you gotta work while you are in school (I always had one/two jobs while in school including now in grad school), but remember, you are a student first!

Nice car ...

@
Thanks, you have a nice HHR too! I have always liked black HHRs. Back in Green Bay, I'm a volunteer driver at the American Red Cross. I drive a big Wheelchair/Shuttle Bus there for the elderly and disabled. Quite a few of the people I drive for have commented on how good of a driver I am. Of course, if I wasn't a good driver, then it probably wouldn't be a very good job for me. As far as college goes, it's my first year, and I like it so far! It's all a new experience to me. I'm going to college to be a veterinarian, so I still have 8 years ahead of me. I have to have a job in order to keep my HHR, otherwise it will get repo'd. I don't want that to happen!! But you're absolutely right, school comes first! Best wishes with Grad school.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Thanks, you have a nice HHR too! I have always liked black HHRs. Back in Green Bay, I'm a volunteer driver at the American Red Cross. I drive a big Wheelchair/Shuttle Bus there for the elderly and disabled. Quite a few of the people I drive for have commented on how good of a driver I am. Of course, if I wasn't a good driver, then it probably wouldn't be a very good job for me. As far as college goes, it's my first year, and I like it so far! It's all a new experience to me. I'm going to college to be a veterinarian, so I still have 8 years ahead of me. I have to have a job in order to keep my HHR, otherwise it will get repo'd. I don't want that to happen!! But you're absolutely right, school comes first! Best wishes with Grad school.
Thanks! Good luck to you too -- I'm getting ready to defend my proposal, get IRB approved and hope to start researching/writing my dissertation before the year is out. Still looking to defend on schedule and get my doctorate by May 2011.

Future Dr. @
Old 09-30-2010, 09:09 AM

I will remember to laugh when I finally see you with the "HAT".
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

Congrats on the new job...... I'd have a problem with the sign on the roof myself, but I guess it comes with the territory. Watch out while on the road, (I know you will) and also be extra cautious when delivering to certain neighborhoods......... and, Yes! School comes first, after the HHR.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 PM

You should be able to fit quite a few pizzas in there.