General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

MY HHR's been built!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 AM

Talking MY HHR's been built!

The dealership called me a few minutes ago and told me my car was built and is presently in the yard in Illinois.Happy Day!So it looks like I'll be HHR motoring sometime in the next 2 weeks.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:10 AM

Yea! You will not be sorry you got one!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 AM

YIPPEE! That's exciting news ... but you know these will be the longest days of your life now ... waiting for the day you can go pick it up!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM

I'm already over the moon!Already have plans with my daughter to take it on a 3.5 hour road trip to Mio,Michigan for lunch at the Mio Pizza shop and then go visit my cousin in Grayling.

Last edited by ZTony8; 05-28-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by ZTony8
The dealership called me a few minutes ago and told me my car was built and is presently in the yard in Illinois.Happy Day!So it looks like I'll be HHR motoring sometime in the next 2 weeks.
May I ask when you ordered yours. We ordered one around 4/12 and my wife and I are climbing the walls waiting for "the call". Our salesman is a friend but I think he's getting tired of us asking if he's heard anything. All he says is "still putting it together, 1 bolt at a time".
Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 AM

The order went in to GM on April 22nd,five days after the shut down was announced.I don't know what day it was built as I don't have the VIN yet to track it on GM Dealerworld.I know that full production resumed on May 19th but I suspect that in spite of the shut down that limited production resumed at an earlier date.
Yours should have been done before mine as your order was pre shut down.Better lean on your buddy a little harder.I wonder if the "ball" wasn't dropped somewhere along the line.
Why was your HHR a special order?Mine was because of the 5 speed,cloth interior,2LT combo with only a block heater added.No dealer would stock a vehicle like that.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 05gt
May I ask when you ordered yours. We ordered one around 4/12 and my wife and I are climbing the walls waiting for "the call". Our salesman is a friend but I think he's getting tired of us asking if he's heard anything. All he says is "still putting it together, 1 bolt at a time".
I think that is an unacceptable answer. The dealer knows where in the process your order is and that is what he should be telling you. If I remember right, your order is a number and the numbers indicate things like order accepted, build scheduled, VIN issued, built, in transport, in transport location, etc.

The vehicle is invoiced to your dealer when the vehicle is built.

Never due business with friends, I wonder why this saying has been around for so long and is still true.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ZTony8
The order went in to GM on April 22nd,five days after the shut down was announced.I don't know what day it was built as I don't have the VIN yet to track it on GM Dealerworld.I know that full production resumed on May 19th but I suspect that in spite of the shut down that limited production resumed at an earlier date.
Yours should have been done before mine as your order was pre shut down.Better lean on your buddy a little harder.I wonder if the "ball" wasn't dropped somewhere along the line.
Why was your HHR a special order?Mine was because of the 5 speed,cloth interior,2LT combo with only a block heater added.No dealer would stock a vehicle like that.
Thanks for the info, gonna give my guy a call. We had to order because between my wife (her car) and I we wanted certain options and didn't want to pay for others and he couldn't find 1 anywhere. We weren't in any hurry so rather than settle for something that wasn't "just right" we ordered. Now we're both getting antsy. Basicly we got every option except the sun roof, roof rails, and chrome package.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by monster5601
I think that is an unacceptable answer. The dealer knows where in the process your order is and that is what he should be telling you. If I remember right, your order is a number and the numbers indicate things like order accepted, build scheduled, VIN issued, built, in transport, in transport location, etc.

The vehicle is invoiced to your dealer when the vehicle is built.

Never due business with friends, I wonder why this saying has been around for so long and is still true.
Haven't talked to him for a week or so, gonna call today. You're probably right about doing business with a friend but it's nice to walk into the dealership, tell him what we want and get it for invoice minus any rebates in effect without holding my breth and stomping my feet.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 PM

I got an info update this evening about my HHR.It will be here at the dealership in Metro Detoit either tomorrow or Monday.
Interesting point about the build date of my car (May 15th).Note that date is 4 days before GM announced resumption of HHR production down there.According to the sales manager at the dealership (who's an acquaintance from way back-I used to work there.)he was getting regular deliveries of HHRs all during the supposed 4 week suspension of production.I wonder if it was really just a slow down and how did the media get the story so wrong?

Quick Reply: MY HHR's been built!