General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My rental is a Dodge Caliber

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:58 PM

OMG that turbo whine is like a drug to me...insane. I wonder if they'll start a WRC campaign now. Thanks, that made my day. BTW your HHR two tone is the BOMB!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Platinum Member

Grohlinator.....

you're correct. Just talked with him via IM. He has a 2005 Mini Copper S with the Works package. It is a blower and I believe he said it also had an intercooler. The SC is reworked to provide the extra "ponies". Also has some suspension stuff done.

Nice car....and I was impressed with the workmanship, which required BMW to do it right. But a lot of money for that car.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Grohlinator.....

you're correct. Just talked with him via IM. He has a 2005 Mini Copper S with the Works package. It is a blower and I believe he said it also had an intercooler. The SC is reworked to provide the extra "ponies". Also has some suspension stuff done.

Nice car....and I was impressed with the workmanship, which required BMW to do it right. But a lot of money for that car.

I have been trying to talk my parents into getting the works kit, but it's 5,000 just for the engine kit. But it is quality
Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Dodge Avenger

Well now my rental is an Avenger. The body shop botched the paint job on the fender, they got overspray on my wheels and windshield, they didn't fully repair the fender, and now one of my foglights are loose. Luckily they have a lifetime warranty on all of their work. Damn Abra Xpress Repair
Old 07-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by helhedded
It was like having my sexy,curvy, beautiful woman taken from me, and she was replaced with a futuristic boney smelly prostitute. simply that.
Call me weird, but the occasional night with a futuristic boney smelly prostitute makes things exciting, up to and including the various tests you have to go through 6 months afterward.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM

It definitely puts a twist on things, that's for sure!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
It definitely puts a twist on things, that's for sure!
"It", "she" - whichever pronoun you prefer. And the twists were only half the fun.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:53 PM

I said "it" in reference to the "occasional night"

What was the other half of the fun?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:49 PM

I was just considering the Caliber last week when we were car shopping. I was sooooo dissappointed in how it handled and performed! It almost stalled when I pressed on the gas peddle and the rear wheels broke loose on me when I went into a turn going only 30mph! The layout of the interior was the only good point.

Hence, my decision to buy an HHR
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM

OMG!!!

As you know we got rearended on our way home from the Rendevous in L.A.. The car just got put into the body shop yesturday and guess what we got for a rental.......thats right a Caliber.

We were in the office waiting for a car and a guy pulls this Caliber up infront of the window. Now I like the looks of the front of the caliber and have been wanting to get in one, just to check it out. I asked if we could get that car and the lady made it happen. Thats right, I asked for it.....DUHP!!!!! So I'm all excited to hot rod this rental around and see how I like it. I HATE IT! I have never been so disappointed with a car in my life...really. I have always liked Dodge cars and trucks, but this thing sucks. I'm glad that sjssk posted that pic of the trans besuase that is what it feels like, like a stahl converter but set at like 2200rpm, without the GO after it kicks in. It feels like you have to convince the gerbel with a carrot or something to get onto his wheel so you can get down the road. My wife and I are short people 5'5 and 5'8 on a good day and we bump our knees on the column getting in and out. The brake pedal is about 2 feet from the floor so you almost have to hold your foot in the air to hit the brakes( not like you need the brakes cause this car won't go, you can just knock the gerbel off his wheel and coast to a stop). It took us about 5 min to get the seat adjusted for my wife because it is a pump action seat. Thats right you have to pump it up and pump it down like a damn Reebok shoe, WE'RE DRIVIN' A DANG SHOE AROUND TOWN. THIS AIN'T FUNNY! Anyway this is getting long winded, its only for 2 more days and then we get our baby back.
The ONLY thing this car has going for it is the look of the front end, the air conditioned glove box area with a mat shaped to hold cans or bottles, and ...... well just those two things. It is an insult to say this car is the HHRs competition.

LONG LIVE THE HHR!!!

Quick Reply: My rental is a Dodge Caliber