Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   MY running baords are IN.... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/my-running-baords-378/)

fenris222 11-30-2005 10:14 PM

All I know is I have a 87 year old Mother-In Law and a 93 year old Father-In Law and they both don't weigh much over a 100 lbs. soaking wet, but one thing for sure is they REALLY appreciate those running boards, so yes, they do have some functionality. Funny, they both say it looks likes a smaller version of the "Ice Truck" which delifvered....ICE....of course the first one was horse drawn reckoned by Joe. The beauty of the HHR is so many people see it in a different light and imagination, it really is an individuals ride! Buy the way, my first vehicle was the "Slatz Mobile" 63' Chevy Biscayne 2 door, $250.00 bought directly from an old dirt farmer outside Great Falls, MT! The Wild Shall Wild Remain! For my Retro Musical Hero, the Filth Hound of Hades, Ragnorok-n-roller Black Fenrir says.... "Hendrix Haze Ride".... "excuse me... while I DIG This Ride!".... UGH! Too many work hours, too much school! lol I name all my rides, just like naming a horse, they get ya where you need to be, that's my opinion, not yours! Yuk Yuk Yuk!

Fenris Out!

SoCalHHR 11-30-2005 11:03 PM

"Buy the way, my first vehicle was the "Slatz Mobile" 63' Chevy Biscayne 2 door, $250.00 bought directly from an old dirt farmer outside Great Falls, MT!"

WHOA! MY first car (I bought...actually about my 5th car), was a '57 Chevy I paid $300 for. The guy said the differential was going out. I took it for a test drive...it ran fine. (*283 with 327 heads). Went to turn around at the end of the block and then it happened - clunk, clunk, clunk! He said "see - there it is!"

We drove back to the dirt lot where he had it parked, I gave him $300 cash and signed the paperwork; he gave me the pink slip. After he drove off, I opened the trunk and pulled out the lug wrench...then proceeded to tighten up the front lug nuts - it seems both front wheels were loose and about to fall off! Drove that '57 for many years without a problem...some people!

I say all that to say this: I had a '63 Biscayne 2 door too! 350 Camaro engine with a Corvette tranny and 5200lb truck clutch. Cut down 3/4-ton truck springs in front, with air shocks in back. Slotted US mags all around with Uniroyal Tiger Paws (remember those?). Painted it Root Beer brown with "moon dust" metal flake and drove it to Tiajuana to get the interior done in brown tuck-n-roll. What a BIG trunk that car had!

I had over $5k in that car back then...and finally traded it off for a reel-to-reel (I own a recording studio now - go figure!). Boy, - I wish I still had that car...it was a 'butte!

We now retun you to the current time continuum...

SIHHR 12-02-2005 04:32 PM

You guys got me now thinking of getting them in the near future. Who knows what will happen in 2006