General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

MY running baords are IN....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 PM

MY running baords are IN....

I only ordered them like 2 weeks ago, and they called and told me they were in! So last night I dropped off my (Elvis, sshhh don't laugh!, LOL) They were taking off the chip deflectors, (that were falling off) and they put my running boards on with my rear plastic mud flaps, that say HHR. OMG what a difference, I felt like I was getting a new car, and boy does it look so much better! I took pics but I am at work , so I will have to post them later..
Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Banned

Elvis, huh? I have never named any of my cars except my first one. Its name was piece of s**t. I'm sure your HHR looks alot better now. I personaly would not buy a HHR without the running boards. I also have the splash guards with HHR. Now all you need is roof rails and we could have twin HHRs. Well other than the purple. Congrats, I cant wait to see it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM

LOL, this is the only car I have ever named, and only because my 10 year old daughter wanted to name it! So we had to pick something retro to go with the car, right????? LOL....
Ok here is before...

after.....

does that not look so MUCh better????? Now I can't wait til my chrome trim comes in.....
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

It definitely completes the look in my opinion. Chrome trim? Like wheel well molding or body molding, or both? I bet the king of rock and roll don't mind that you named your HHR after him. After I do a few mods to mine I think I'll name it Rice Eater!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM

I agree, but when I bought mine it was the only one there, and they had no pics of ones that had the running boards, so I lucked out! But oh well that dark period in my life is over, LOL! wheel well trim, so far I did not like the body trim, but they do have it! I tought that it was a fare price also, $80.00....
Old 11-30-2005, 03:04 PM

why have running boards on a car that is less than a foot off the ground to begin with? IMHO, the hhr looks ten times better minus the roof rails and the running boards.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Banned

You can buy it at your local auto store for a lot cheaper but its not precut for the HHR. It comes in a roll and you have to trim it yourself. I'm not a big fan of body molding also.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:10 PM

well there you go I can only cut HAIR!!! LOL....so I know that I would mess it up....
Old 11-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phantom06HHR
why have running boards on a car that is less than a foot off the ground to begin with? IMHO, the hhr looks ten times better minus the roof rails and the running boards.
Look at the inspiration, the '49 Suburban and you'll see why. It has to do with the heritage part of the name. I don't use them to step in and out of the HHR of course but they serve other purposes. I stand on them when I clean my roof and my 2 1/2 year old loves them. She feels like a big girl because she can climb in the HHR herself. That is reason enough for me. I could live without the roof rails but I had to have them because the are shiny and matched the rest of the chrome on the vehicle. Besides I need something to grab onto while standing on the running boards cleaning the roof. I'll never tie anything down with them, they are for looks only.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:46 PM

I'm not big on the roof rails, but the running boards look WAY better than those STUPID chip deflectors....which were falling off my car. And they DID NOT shine like the rest of the car...The running boards do! The chip deflectors are made of plastic so they will never exactly match your car, the running boards are made of fiberglass so they will. Hubby does not want ANYONE to use them, since it is only fiberglass. But my daughter used them RIGHT AWAY! Everyone who seen my car before says that it looks WAY better with them.

Quick Reply: MY running baords are IN....