General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need orig fabric for pass & driver seats

Old 01-23-2018, 08:14 PM

Need orig fabric for pass & driver seats

PO was a contractor who trashed grey (std) fabric seats and armrests - tried cleaning w/no luck. Local dealer says not available.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:31 PM

why not call a local carpet / furn. cleaning company
or check local junk yatd
Old 01-23-2018, 08:41 PM
Technical Moderator

And......?
You find it odd that GM would not stock fabric for out of production models?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I bought mine used from a member here, because mine was a smokers vehicle with burns.
Maybe there’s someone out there parting out their HHR
Old 01-24-2018, 12:24 PM

https://www.ebay.com/b/Car-Truck-Sea...02/bn_52606658

Aren't cheap... but you could contact them
Old 01-24-2018, 04:03 PM

@donbrew - Well, let's see. My Harley is out of production and I can get the parts I need from a # of dealers. Haven't visited a car dealer in at least 20 years so I guess I'm out of practice.

@Oldblue - Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the post would cause a member to chime in with a solution or recommendation.

Just contacted an old friend that does truly amazing upholstery work on classic cars and he will do the arm rests for me. Still working on the seats - he might tackle them also. This HHR was a smoker's (contractor's) daily driver - asked the sales dude if it was smoked in. He didn't think so. When I walked into their office 3 guys were smoking so none could smell anything in my car. Told the sales dude I wanted a good spare and jack for the 14 hour drive home - the jack was pedestrian and the spare was from a Corvette. Wonder if that would put me neck & neck with an SS :-) Buying a vehicle hundreds of miles away has it's risk.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:03 PM
Technical Moderator

You actually didn't ask a question. I was really asking what the point of the post was, and the title really doesn't necessarily connect with the post.

"PO was a contractor who trashed grey (std) fabric seats and armrests - tried cleaning w/no luck. Local dealer says not available."

But they can get the covers made out of the fabric.

You never thought to look on eBay or the classifieds?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:10 PM

Picked up a rear seat, armrests, spare tire, and a replacement front antenna. He had the front seats also however they weren't in better shape than mine so I passed. He did offer the electric driver's seat but I declined not knowing if the factory wiring would be there in my LS. $130 seemed like a good deal - and there was a Harley dealer across the road :-) Over the weekend I used an effective liquid cleaner and a steam wand (key to effective stain removal) to attack the abundance of stains - most were removed and will conduct round two cleaning soon.

Last edited by housewiz; 01-30-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:38 AM

U ppl h

Originally Posted by donbrew
You actually didn't ask a question. I was really asking what the point of the post was, and the title really doesn't necessarily connect with the post.

"PO was a contractor who trashed grey (std) fabric seats and armrests - tried cleaning w/no luck. Local dealer says not available."

But they can get the covers made out of the fabric.

You never thought to look on eBay or the classifieds?
Try your local Auto salvage yard. I just got a new(to me) set of front seats in great condition for 25.00 each that match my cars interior. Patience and a little looking will save money. Re upholstering costs money in some states.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by housewiz
Picked up a rear seat, armrests, spare tire, and a replacement front antenna. He had the front seats also however they weren't in better shape than mine so I passed. He did offer the electric driver's seat but I declined not knowing if the factory wiring would be there in my LS. $130 seemed like a good deal - and there was a Harley dealer across the road :-) Over the weekend I used an effective liquid cleaner and a steam wand (key to effective stain removal) to attack the abundance of stains - most were removed and will conduct round two cleaning soon.
​​​​​​​Good! I hope the second cleaning does the trick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need orig fabric for pass & driver seats