General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Never Saw Another Imp. Blue Until...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 AM

Never Saw Another Imp. Blue Until...

Since I got my HHR in June, I've never run across another Imperial Blue one anywhere. Not in traffic, not spotting one in a parking lot, or on a dealer's lot, nothing. The only other one I've ever seen is the one I didn't buy from the dealer but was on his lot the day I got mine. I've always thought this strange.

This past weekend, though, I was coming home on an unusual route because the freeway was too congested to even attempt using, and I spotted another HHR quite a ways ahead of me in traffic. I thought it was black for quite a while, but when I got close to it, lo and behold, another Imperial Blue...the first one in over six months!

Boring, stupid story, right? I saw another car of the same make and color...wow...that's worth talking about.

Thing is, though, the other car also had the same specialty license plate I have (an ocean conservation plate with a whale tail painted by Wyland), and also had it personalized to include "HHR" in it. I won't post his precise license plate here, but it was qiute close to my own "CA HHR."

It was like I ran across my evil doppleganger or something!

Anyway, still a pretty stupid story, but it was just odd to finally see another of the same color at long last, similar down to the plates...(insert Twilight Zone theme here)
Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
jx3

Maybe it was R CA HHR? But he would have to have gotten his repainted.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM

It wasn't, no...he and I have talked about our very similar plates, though!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:44 AM

07 Imp Blue here, from So NH. Have seen only one other since purchase and paying attention.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:44 AM

I've seen a few but the color sometimes plays off as black so it's hard to say if I misjudged a few from afar.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Imperial Blue was my first choice color for that reason--could look black sometimes, but just sparkled in the sun. I wanted it to match my Indigo blue S10.

That being said...I have NO regrets with my Blackie...fell in love at first ride...I waited 2 years to get my HHR and that's all that mattered at the point

But yes, I don't see that many IB's around--see a Silver one on the way to work most mornings (we head in opposite directions), and there is a DSM I see around here on the campus. Mainly see the silver colors, some black ones, with a smattering of others. No SS's yet though!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Differences between mine and his were that while his was an LT as well, he didn't have running boards, splash guards, or the exhaust tip on his....but mine came without those as well, and I drove around for a while with my personalized plates but without those additions. I was relatively close to the dealership where I got the car; I almost wonder if that particular one was the other one they had on the lot that day that I didn't take. Odds are against it, realistically, I know, but still! Was that the one I could have taken instead of the one I did take? Did he get stuck with having to replace his headliner, too? Just like the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop, the world will never know.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ilgallo
07 Imp Blue here, from So NH. Have seen only one other since purchase and paying attention.
Travel a little bit further west. There are three (including Stitch II) within five houses of each other near where I live.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:34 PM

Just last week someone around the corner from me got one, but it's black. Still...COPYCAT! I drive past it every morning on my way to work. A house across the street from my work has a blue window deleted HHR in the driveway now, too, though it's not Imperial Blue.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 PM

just got back from a walmart out in the suburbs. AS i was crossing the parking lot, i saw a goldish colored HHR scurrying by. Nevermind the color....it was an hhr sighting on public roads! Its now going on 3 years of hhr production and in the city of about 2.5 million (metro) i think i spotted more dodge vipers then chevy hhr's. Even the few hhr's i seen on the streets had california and washington state plates on the back.

Quick Reply: Never Saw Another Imp. Blue Until...