General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR Owner here

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 PM

New HHR Owner here

Hey Everyone, I wanted to do a little introduction since I will be reading this forum probably on a pretty regular basis as well as maybe posting with some questions.
Anyway, I live in Jacksonville Florida, born and raised. I'm married with kids and a couple of grandkids, yes I have grandkids but I'm not THAT old, in my mid 40's...LOL. I'm into motorcycles and my truck (2004 dodge dakota quadcab). Oh and some occasional fishing.
Ok, now onto what you want to hear about, we traded in my wifes 2003 "GT" PT Cruiser on a brand new 2007 Chevy HHR yesterday. We ended up getting the "Sunburst Orange" with the "Cashmiere" leather interior. The car is pretty much fully loaded except for a sunroof and onstar. It has the upgraded stereo which if I remember corrctly is a 260watt 7 speaker pioneer unit. The stereo really does sound pretty sweet for a factory installed stereo. It also has the electric adjust drivers seat and the driver and passenger heated seats. It has the chrome package, as well as the radio / speed control and information center controls on the steering wheel.
At the time of purchase we also ordered the color matched running boards and the thing I'm most excited about (even though its my wifes car) we ordered the 17"Aluminum Chrome Plated 10 Spoke rims that I think are going to look really SWEEEET on the car. Both the boards and wheels are suppose to be installed Thursday. I will definitly post some pics with the new wheels :)
As far as my overall impression with the car, compared to my wifes PT Cruiser, I wish it had more engine, there is no comparison to the acceleration of the turbo PT (natually)...however, in every other aspect, I think the HHR is a better car. I think it has a nice ride, I think it handles better as well as looks better and the gas mileage is definitly better. I'm very happy with this car and my wife absolutely loves it.
I'll quit rambling now and wrap it up by saying I look forward to spending some time on the forum and reading / seeing what others are doing with their HHR's....since I love to mod :)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:31 PM

Welcome to the best HHR forum out there!!!
I think your the first one with a 07 here.
I can't wait to see the rims.
look forward to chatting with ya... Have fun dude!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:53 PM

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here would love to see some pics when you get around to taking them. They truly are fun vehicles!

Again:
Old 08-28-2006, 07:57 PM

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
And Great choice! I have the exact same HHR. I wish I got the chrome wheels and 2.4 but I love in none the less. Hope you love and and fun in it!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM

Welcome..I was raised in Jville myself. Went to Terry Parker. Am a season Jags ticket holder as well. Congrats on your new ride! Sounds sweet and make sure you post pics soon. The natives in here get restless without them.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Welcome to Chevy HHR. The place where the points don't matter, yep, they don’t matter just like a Bunch of bananas.

Enjoy the site. And if you have questions, there is a search button on the tool bar above, which a lot of the items fall under already.

We like Pics around here, there is some good how to's and interesting mods (modifications. like the doorknobs, lower grille and upper grille, intakes, and lots of others.

Enjoy your stay :twothumbs and

And by the way, If you live where there is deer in the area, “WATCH OUT for the DEER!!!!

Remember: Nobody….. But…. NOBODY has more deer hits than The Deer Slayer!! #1 Rated.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM

to ChevyHHR.net...the best place online for anything HHR.

I do believe that you are the first member here to have an 07...Nice choice of color too, but I'm obviously biased too. We look forward to seeing you around the forums and getting a peek at your wifes new car.

Many of us have done mods to our HHR's and are always looking for new ideas, so feel free to share your ideas and we'll be happy to share ours as well.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM

what up. what kinda bike you got?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
jx3

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Chevy 10 spoke rims on an HHR!!
Last year, they weren't an available option.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the great welcome everyone, I appreciate it, looks like a pretty friendly group here...thats cool I will definitly post some pics as soon as I get the rims on, like I said, should be thursday. Its cool to know that I might be the first with a 2007 to post on here...kinda neat. As far as the mods, I'm definitly interested in seeing what others are doing, I'm verymuch a modding kinda guy :) I've put $6,000 worth of mods into my bike, which is a "Kawasaki Vulcan 1500", which looks nothing like it did when I bought it. My truck, I've had for almost two years, I've put about $3,000 into it but I'm just getting started...LOL. As far as modding the HHR, well thats entirely up to my wife, I'll do whatever she wants, but shes not into the mods as much as I am however, she did like the rims so she thought that was a good idea and I did show her a billit aluminum grille last night that she thought was cool (hmmmm, could be a christmas present for her). I've still got more searching to do as far as accessories
Oh, and JX3, I really like the 10 spoke rims, I'm excited about getting them on there...but...damn is chevrolet proud of them $$$$

Quick Reply: New HHR Owner here