General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Look anytime soon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:35 PM

New Look anytime soon?

Has anyone heard if GM plans to re-skin or "tweak" the look of the HHR? I have to say I really like the white SEMA concept (the one withthe Malibu style front end).

I figure I will try to get another 2-3 years out of my 06, it will have 250,000+ KM (150K+ Miles) on it by then, and I really really like mine, so I want another one. But I don't want another if they don't freshin it up a bit. What scares me is with all the crisis at GM, I hope the HHR isn't one of the lines dropped.

Any rumours? Thoughts?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM

There have been many rumors............

Platform is being replaced in 2010 with a redesign/tweak/replacement of the HHR. Just about anything could happen. I don't see more than two more model years though.

The grill you mentioned was on a concept done with the #4 HHR off the lime. IMO it is too modern for a retro car. But I think the same about the SS version too.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Founding Member

Dealers received an internal only document yesterday that I can't post but I liked one line of it which is not privileged information since it came from R.L Polk.

The Chevrolet HHR leads the compact MPV segement in current year to date sales with a 41% market share. In simple terms 41% of all compact MPVs sold this year in the USA are HHRs. I think Chevrolet will keep this little jewel around.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Let's just hope we keep Chevrolet around
Old 12-11-2008, 04:20 PM

"I think Chevrolet will keep this little jewel around.".....any idea of when they will resume production of ordered vehicles (HHR SS)?????
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 PM

Last word was no big changes till 2011 and it may be pushed back more with the money problems and good sales.

There are other cars that GM needs to attend to first.

GM also has pushed back many other programs so till the money deal with the goverment is worked out there is little we will see in a time line as it will get a shake up once everything is settled.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Founding Member

All new models and body changes are on hold at GM except the Volt and the Camaro.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by NY HHR
any idea of when they will resume production of ordered vehicles (HHR SS)?????
It is customary for GM to shut down for 2 weeks during the holidays but I don't know that is going to happen this year. I'm not aware they are on shutdown right now, but I don't keep up with the sales issues like I do the service issues.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
The Chevrolet HHR leads the compact MPV segement in current year to date sales with a 41% market share. In simple terms 41% of all compact MPVs sold this year in the USA are HHRs. I think Chevrolet will keep this little jewel around.
wow ...thats pretty impressive, especially considering the Mazda 5 is a pretty decent vehicle

lets hope GM doesn't leave this one grow to long in the tooth thou, its one of the big mistakes they made with the cavalier, Grandprix....etc If they don't continuely improve like the import companies, they will certianly die the death that everyone sees coming.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 AM

Thats interesting considering you don't see GM pushing this fact..I have yet to see a HHR only commercial of any kind,even in print.Since its not that well known..some advertising would go along way!

Quick Reply: New Look anytime soon?