General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Newbie + Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 AM

New Newbie + Newbie

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section, still have alot of reading to do on this site, mods please move this to the proper area.
Saturday 01-20-07 @5:30pm I drove off the lot in my 2006 HHR. My HHR was the last 06 model left on this particular Chevy lot.
I never thought I would buy a new 4 cyl car/truck, my other love is Monte Carlos 70-88, which I had to sell my 87 for many many reasons. My previous ride was a 99 Suburban, which I no longer needed anymore, I'll miss that truck for sure, 5.7L vortec is an awesome engine if you ask me.
I saved my window sticker so heres what it came with.
2LT equipment, 2.4L, 4spd auto,chrome exhaust tip,sport tuned suspension,bright chrome pkg,4wheel anti lock,17" high polish forged alloy wheels, xm radio w/3 free months(love this xm stuff)fog lamps,Pioneer 7 speaker system,leather steering wheel,redundant radio conrols,auto dimming mirror w/compass, its dark silver metallic, with grey cloth interior, running boards,
the only thing i can say bad about this ride, sometimes the rear view mirror is in the way of my view, its no biggie, as I come onto to curves in the road, slow vere to the right my vision is totally blocked of what could be in the way, and the cup holders aren't the greatest...
I dont plan on hot rodding it, I want to stay in the warranty, I think the truck looks excellent as it sits, I'll probablt order a set of rain gaurds as long as they aren't the stick on kind, and find a rear spoiler, if I can add some sort of amplifier to this stereo system without harming the factory speakers, I will do that too, other than that, the only other thing is to find a turbo system for this, but thats someting for way way down the road.
I love driving this truck, I've always wanted a 67 chopped vw bug, or any car that has a chopped top, the small windows on this ride give that feel as I cruise the roads, the suspension and these tires really make the ride comfortable, I asked the dealer guy if there was some sort of engine/trans break in period, he said no, I won't take it above 65 mph for now, and will try my best not to hot doawg it off the light.
Staying focused on the paint is my main focus, when the car sat on the lot, I wasn't too thrilled of how the car looked, but after they cleaned it up,, wow the paint really shows its true colors, to me it looks like there is some yellow or a creme base inside this paint.

I test drove the\is black hhr, it had the same engine and was loaded with every option, I didn't like the way it drove, the engine in this ride, was really noisey, as if the lifters were dry, the suspension felt super hard.
I stopped by the dealership one evening, and test drove the LS with the 2.2L engine, cloth seats, it had alot of pickup and felt very comfortable, I was shocked at how this black HHR rode, it felt worse... so I test drove another 2.4L but with cloths seats, what a diffrence, this one had pick up, and it absorbed all the little bumps...that was a pretty ride...red with brown interior and alot of chrome (drools)
I would of bought the 2007 blue hhr with a sunroof, the dealership went to hunt for this car, found out it was still on the truck from Pa. I wanted on today!!! lol
with 2500 in rebates, the trade in on my suburban, i had to put 0 $$$ down, which was perfect...casue money is super tight at this time of year.

Anyways, If I aint here Im over www.montecarloss.com great bunch of people, one day i'll have another MCSS, but for now I have my new hot rod this seems to be a very good group of people, not like those cussing import web sites...thanks alot for keeping this place clean, Im sure my father is in the mix of buying himself an HHR soon lol
Hope I don;t bugg yall with tooo many questions, Im a 16 year automechanic, hopefully I can hekp others with problems.
Eddie
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 AM

Welcome Wickedhhrlt!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 AM

Old 01-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the site!!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Another Dark Silver Metallic and from Virginia. Newports News in the house. Great choice. Hope you enjoy. Once the weather warms up maybe all us Members here from Va. can have a g2g. See you around.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM

Welcome aboard
Old 01-22-2007, 03:19 PM

to the forum. Always great to have another HHR in the group. Look forward to getting to know more about you and your HHR and seeing some pics when you have them. We're picture mongrels here and will nag you until we see some.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:23 PM

as well...these folks here have been a big help to me during these first months of my ownership.Being a tech kinda guy,I like the TSB listings and the "how to" articles.Ain't nothing better than experiance. I like Dark Silver too.Here's a pic of my HHR "Rebel Grey".
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Quick fix for the rear view mirror. (had the same problem) Take it and push it all the way up to the headliner and the readjust to see out the back window. Easy and fixes the problem of what is in front of you on that curve. Oh and by the way WELCOME!!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hays Hot Rod
Quick fix for the rear view mirror. (had the same problem) Take it and push it all the way up to the headliner and the readjust to see out the back window. Easy and fixes the problem of what is in front of you on that curve. Oh and by the way WELCOME!!!!
That mirror is adjustable like that?? if so coool, all i need is about 2-3"to see those hidden behind the mirror.

Thanks everyone!!! its deffinitly a cool ride, I read how heavy this car is 4000lbs + some... no wonder this ride is soo nice, hate to say it, but it has that German FWD feel to it, the electric steering is really nice, I dont feel the engine reving up for a turn.

I have a few other questions to post on another thread.. glad to be a part of this board...pictures are coming, HHR got a bath today, stupid salt roads grrrrrrrrr if its nice outside I can shoot some pictures up.
See yall around