General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Sunroff in my '08 HHR 3-Window Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 AM

New Sunroff in my '08 HHR 3-Window Panel

Had an aftermarket sunroof installed yesterday. I like it. Crack it open a little and it clears the air in the car immediately. I like it because the heater in my HHR roasts me out even at its lowest setting. Lowering a window works but is too noisy. Cracking the sunroof is a lot quieter.

I have had two aftermarket sunroofs in the past and never experienced any problem with leaking water (except for the times I forgot to lock it down.) Total cost and labor was $350-400. Size is 17x32 which is the largest that will fit properly. Any wider and it will interfere with the side strengthening panels.

Another plus is that I have a 3-window Panel in which I installed a back bench seat. People that have ridden back there say it is claustrophobic because there are no windows. I think the sunroof will help with that. As a rule I don't carry passengers back there but for those times that I have to, it may help.

Mine was purchased at:
TG Automotive
www.tgautomotive.com

And installed by ProStyle in Burton, Michigan.

Boydie

Last edited by Blue Beast (aka Boydie); 04-06-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added Size