General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Noobie Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 AM

Noobie Here

I'm a potential noobie. Been looking a HHR's for the past couple of weeks. I currently have a 2005 Pontiac GTO that I rarely get time to drive/play with. Thinking of parting with the GTO and getting an HHR as a daily driver. I guess I'm looking for your help in making my "keep the GTO and get an HHR or NOT" decision. I really like the aftermarket cosmetic upgrades for the car. Are most of you happy with your HHR?? Would you buy another one down the road?? Thanks for your help!!

goatcheez
Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 AM

I just returned from a 10-day trip and got excited all over again when I got in my HHR and drove it home. Go test drive one. You'll be sold too!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 AM

I did test drive one yesterday. I liked it but I is NOT a GTO. I get the GMS discount from my father-in-law so I can certainly buy it right. Just want tro make sure I'm not knee-jerking this decision and that the HHR is a reliable vehicle. I've been surfing around the web for wheels & tires, spoilers, and other customizing stuff. I like the fact that there is alot out there and not nearly as expensive as GTO mods.

goatcheez
Old 04-06-2008, 09:22 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 13
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! There a few members who went from a GTO to an HHR so they would be more qualified to answer your quiestion. I'm sure they will chime in eventually.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 AM

Thanks. Yeah I'm curious as to what other members who made the "switch" have to say. Oh and I'm from Michigan too. Grew up in Fenton and have now live in Wisconsin (work brought me here) for about 15 years. Still have family back home. Thanks for the welcome!

goatcheez
Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by goatcheez
I did test drive one yesterday. I liked it but I is NOT a GTO. I get the GMS discount from my father-in-law so I can certainly buy it right. Just want tro make sure I'm not knee-jerking this decision and that the HHR is a reliable vehicle. I've been surfing around the web for wheels & tires, spoilers, and other customizing stuff. I like the fact that there is alot out there and not nearly as expensive as GTO mods.

goatcheez
Why don't you go test drive a HHR/SS tires and wheels you won't need, there already really great ....spoiler is already there.......And customized.......it's already done...........Ground effect ....front and rear facier.......Not much left to do but you may find a few things to do.......I'm going with a sway bar. and may start making a few fiberglass dress up parts, like I do for the SSR.....Wolf Motorsports Ltd.....Hood and break scoops......and maybe some venting for the hood.........Time will tell.....Wolfie
Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 PM

bump...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM

Well, I can't comment on switching from a GTO to an HHR, but going from filling up my Elkie twice a week to.. well I haven't put gas in the car yet. I've had my SS for just over a week, still driving on the gas from the dealer (25.9 MPG so far). I've owned a lot of cars, Camaros, Chevelles even a Cuda thrown in for good measure. As far as the fun factor, it holds it's own easily against any of the other cars I've had. All that and I can haul stuff in it too.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:19 PM

As much as I love my HHR... I'd be more than happy to trade for a GTO!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLAQ
As much as I love my HHR... I'd be more than happy to trade for a GTO!
+1

The HHR is no GTO...if you want style, comfort, and versatility, the HHR is for you. If you want sheer performance, sophistication, and ladies washing YOUR car in the commercial, the GTO is for you.

Quick Reply: Noobie Here