General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Not to Happy With my Dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Not to Happy With my Dealership...

So today I bring my HHR into the dealership for it's first oil change / chassis lube and such. i also noticed my rear bowtie emblem had cracked on the inside, and i noticed a small patch of Orange Peeling on my paint. I let them know at the service Dept. They say no problem, we will call youwhen it's ready. So about 5 hours later they call me and tell me my car is ready..... So I get there and they hand me a bill for 250$. My car still has the FULL warranty as it only has 30,000 miles on it. So Come to find out, they did everything I asked (oil change, chassis lubve) They tell me that it's Normal for my color to have the orange peel as it has 3 layers of paint, and it changes per the angle you look at it or some crap like that..... But I'm looking at what they did and it says they replaced my shifter column. It said the key is stuck in the ignition, so they changed it. i NEVER had a problem regarding the key getting stuck EVER. So I go in and I'm like......Nobody calle dme regarding this violation, and I have a warranty so I'm not paying for any of this. Luckily everything was covered, But i still have an orage peel on my car, and they still didn't call me to check on changing something that THEY broke. Not too happy at all with them.......

Car is running good though :)
Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM

I hate that kind of sh**! there's a lot of that going around these days- whatever happened to responsibility and integrity? Must be gettin' old-- find myself longing for the "good old days"
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't want to tick you off further, but the HHR has no lube points on the chassis, it's all sealed and maintenance free, so you should never pay for that. Also SOME degree of orange peel is going to happen with a factory paint job. If yours is spotty or just plain bad, it could be reduced by a detailer that knows what they're doing with a high speed buffer. It bugs the crap out of me every time I look at my car in sunlight and see all the orange peel in it. Makes me want to sand it all down and repaint it turquoise
There is no excuse for the dealer trying to make you pay when they could easily tell it was under warranty. Sounds like they were trying to make a buck hoping you weren't paying attention.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

This is why I usually celebrate when my cars go off warranty. I can then take it to a reputable service center of MY choosing and pay half of what dealership's labor rates are and NEGOTIATE them as well.

Until then we are stuck with dealer service and all that entails.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Thumbs down

Yeah that sucks that they would try to get more money out of you... thats happened to me a lot down here in Florida.. but now there trying to tell me that i would have to pay $450 dollars because my a/c is leaking from under my dash... mind you my car is still under warranty.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 AM

Doesn't Chevy have a 5 or 6 year guarantee on the paint/finish? My 07 does. anything goes wrong, I don't pay.