Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   O6ChevyHHR's First Attempt At PhotoShop! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/o6chevyhhrs-first-attempt-photoshop-5370/)

Snoopy 11-09-2006 04:36 PM

Additionally, I don't know what system you are running. But, if you have XP and your HD crashes, Microsoft will give you a hard time about the reinstall. One wrong answer and you ARE buying a new copy. All the answers need to be correct to reinstall an older purchased copy of the operating system.

If you are building a new upgraded system, etc. and want to install the XP from an older crashed system, Microsoft says buy a new copy.

Been there and have done that.

But, one question. You spoke of anti-virus software. Is it "free-be" kind of stuff, or are you talking like Norton or Mcafee. I was under the impression once installed on a particular machine, it identifies with the bios of that machine and is registered to that user. If you "loan" it to someone else, they may be able to load it, but they can't get updates, which are critical, in todays world.

Are we high jacking this thread??? I don't even remember what it was about.

Snoopy 11-09-2006 04:41 PM

And Bravo to you teech...a man of honor.:one:

HHR Forever 11-09-2006 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...0/3car.psd.jpg

Had to use an impala since tirerack has the old Monte Carlo body style, they are basically the same in 2007 though.

Ahh the older Montes look better anyway. Thats cool though.

HHR Forever 11-09-2006 07:38 PM

Hey Mike, can you do the 07 Suburban the same way you did the HHR with the bright white top?

O6ChevyHHR 11-10-2006 08:27 AM

white and blue?

HHR Forever 11-10-2006 08:00 PM

Yeah with the lime green stripe down it.

O6ChevyHHR 11-11-2006 01:40 PM

sure Ill get to it on Monday when I feel better!

SindyDix 11-11-2006 02:49 PM

Get better soon Mike, we don't want you puking on your software!

O6ChevyHHR 11-11-2006 03:18 PM

Ill try not to lol, I am in the process of uploading my road ripper pics now!

AlienHHR 11-11-2006 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Additionally, I don't know what system you are running. But, if you have XP and your HD crashes, Microsoft will give you a hard time about the reinstall. One wrong answer and you ARE buying a new copy. All the answers need to be correct to reinstall an older purchased copy of the operating system.

If you are building a new upgraded system, etc. and want to install the XP from an older crashed system, Microsoft says buy a new copy.

What are you talking about??? I have loaded the same copy of Windows XP on 3 different machines (not at the same time) and never had a problem. Only once did I have to call Microsoft, and I just told them that I built a new machine and I want to load the OS on it. They just asked me if I had uninstalled it from the other machine and then gave me the code to unlock the OS.

I did the same thing with Microsoft Office... and actually, you can load it on more than one machine if you wait long enough. I don't know how long that is exactly, but I loaded the same copy on a second machine before dumping it off the old and it installed without flagging it as being previously installed...

At any rate, the software police are really only concerned with illegal mass distributed copies and not the duplicate you made for your mother. I'm not saying it is ethical, but no one is going to jail for burning a copy of MS Office from work and loading it on their home PC... although you may get fired!

Hey 06, I would try to get a copy (meaning pay for or receive as a gift) of Photoshop Elements for starters. If you think you need the full Photoshop application, any student can get it for a discount from any academic software dealer. You can find them online and purchase it at a huge discount. Of course, you're not supposed to use it commercially after that. But if you are good enough to get paid to use it, it will either be supplied by your company or you will be able to afford it yourself!