General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Oh Man Do I Need Help....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:10 PM

Question Oh Man Do I Need Help....

I so need your help like NOW! I don't mean to sound demanding, but please anyone who can help please do so!!!! I have an appt with the dealer (wed. 11/16/05) at 3pm...

Here is the deal, those chip defelectors on the rear door are lifting, I'm ok with this being that I ordered the running boards, I want the dealer to take them off, they want to charge me! I told them I don't want them to be replaced since I'm getting the running boards and that I can wait until then to have them removed, just wanted them to know about the issue. They told me to remove them, or all they can do is replace them. I feel that since they have to remove them to replace them why not leave them off. Service & Parts told me to talk to the sales manager and they could talk to the body shop and they could remove for me, at no price. When I did this they wanted to have the sales man pay to have them removed. Also I went to pick up my floor mats, they looked as if they were the regular grey ones with the embroidered HHR logo, I told him that those were not the ones I was expecting, he told me to check my sticker and he could go from there. When I got home I was checking sticker to website and I have found I few things I don't get. Standard claims that floor mats & cargo mat come with car, sticker charges me for premium cargo mat. On the website there are 2 premium mats, carpet & rubber. How do you know what the regular ones look like to compare? Oh and for the running boards they want $120.00 for labor....

I better stop now or this will be never ending, if you know anything about this or where I can get more info please tell me!!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

I think it's insane that they would want to charge you to remove the chip deflectors all they are doing is pulling them off and cleaning up the tape. For the running boards it sounds like they are charging you for 1 1/2 - 2 hours of labor depending on their hourly fee which varies. I don't know how long they take to install because mine came installed. These are the premium mats:
Name:  thegirls006.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  52.9 KB
Name:  Picture072.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  96.4 KB
Name:  Picture071.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  65.3 KB
Name:  Picture073.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  102.8 KB
The rubber ones are the premium all season mats and not avalible as an option. They have to be purchased through a GM parts dealer or your dealership. Hope that helps!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 PM

Just go to either costco or Sam's club its 20 bucks for rubber one's.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Ok well then I guess I got the right mats, but I did order the rubber ones for $70.00. I thought the labor sounded a bit, then sad thing is my cousin owns a body shop and I could take the running baords there, but I don't know if that would mess with my warranty....

thank you!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 PM

Warranty would not effect it
Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by teknobunie
but I don't know if that would mess with my warranty....
Not as long as they are installed properly and don't cause any issues with the vehicle.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 PM

"I don't know how long they take to install because mine came installed."

Actually, the running boards are a dealer installed option. They are shipped with the vehicle, but left off to prevent damage during transit. Install time is about 30-minutes on them - and they can either be installed at the local distribution yard (which gets the car before your dealer), or the dealer himself.

If the dealer wants more than $40 to install them, I'd threaten him with the "Dealer's Report Card" - all GM dealers rely heavily on getting good scores on their surveys - if they don't score high, they get fined! Use your leverage - it sounds like your dealer just wants to "take the money & run." That's not right - service only begins with the sale!

Best of luck with it!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:36 PM

So that explains why the sales man stressed the survey and they even called us up to remind us to mail it back. We did not give them a good one in return to the issues I had with the dealer.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:44 PM

sounds like you were charged for the premium cargo mat which is the cargo area mat but the only difference is the HHR logo...

-WC
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 PM

I thought I would let you guys in on the out come of this....

They will remove the reflectors at no price as long as there is paint under them.....and I ended up with the rubber floor mats, which I LOVE...just adds to the inside! And I got rear spalsh gaurds too! I thank all of you for your input!