Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   The one wrong thing. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/one-wrong-thing-5626/)

JESSE 11-21-2006 07:19 PM

I hate having to reach for the driver side window button:wtf:

teech 11-21-2006 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
Nitro = trade DOWN.

well considering its coming from HHR Forever...that makes sense

THe Nitro R/T looks good, it meets all of my prereqs

WHen I bought my HHR a year ago, I wasn't thinking of it as OUR car, just a car for me...then got married, Jeep breaks down....here we are. It just ain't the same...and I won't wanna mod it 5 years from now

thinking about better fits...four wheel drive is a must

HHR Forever 11-21-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by chevelle454
Well said.

Did you hear me say this?

Thus they should make the front a little longer and shove the LS1 into a rear wheel drive platform.

And later on that same thread...

Ok, screw the LS1, lets try a 454 LS6 like the Chevelles once had.

HHR Forever 11-21-2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by teech
well considering its coming from HHR Forever...that makes sense

THe Nitro R/T looks good, it meets all of my prereqs

WHen I bought my HHR a year ago, I wasn't thinking of it as OUR car, just a car for me...then got married, Jeep breaks down....here we are. It just ain't the same...and I won't wanna mod it 5 years from now

thinking about better fits...four wheel drive is a must

Wow, something I said made sense. :thumb:

Black Rose 11-21-2006 10:20 PM

A few things I don't like about the HHR.
  • Arm rest too low to be useful
  • Cannot turn on the dome light from the dash
  • Window switches too far from the door :)

Initially I found the A-pillar is really thick. When I first got the HHR, I nearly ran over someone because I couldn't see them due to the size of the A-pillar.

SandyBeach 11-22-2006 08:52 AM

I've driven pickups, vans, or SUVs forever. My last true car was an '82 Firebird. With that said, there were a lot of adjustments to be made. My only real complaints now are the armrests (which I don't use), the position of the window buttons (I work on a military base and have to open the window to show my ID card every day), and the limited movement of the steering wheel. Do other small cars have tilt wheels like that?

But, I have to tell you, I hate driving my van now and always choose the HHR. I have to drive the van occasionally until I sell it and now feel like I'm driving a bus. This is definitely the best vehicle purchase I've ever made!

solman98 11-22-2006 09:29 AM

Only thing is the window switches. It's getting better, but would still rather have them on the door.

Visibility out is no issue for me. In tractor-trailer training you learn to set mirrors up correctly. No over the shoulder looking for me, not needed. I like the buldge of the hood and such. It makes it not look like every other wedge shaped vehicles on the road.

KY Dave 11-22-2006 09:46 AM

The one thing I don't like? Not having enough cash to do mods.

James06 11-22-2006 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Only thing is the window switches. It's getting better, but would still rather have them on the door.

I agree with Solman.

HHR Forever 11-22-2006 01:43 PM

Downsized Hummer? Now thats a new one.