General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OnStar

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Same as XM after three months ran out.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM

I've had mine for a year and never used it BUT they automatically renew for you and have charged my CC $18.99 for this month. Thanks for reminding me I need to cancel!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3UGhRjPry4
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
I've had mine for a year and never used it BUT they automatically renew for you and have charged my CC $18.99 for this month. Thanks for reminding me I need to cancel!
Ahh, that is probably because you gave them your Credit Card to keep on file.

For anyone new I would not recommend that unless you do plan on renewing and then only do it toward the end of the term. There is no other reason they NEED to have your card on file. They were a bit pushy about asking for a card and I told them I didn't have one and not to ask again.....

I think that is one of the reasons they offered the "Special" on the extra minutes for the built-in phone on the car. If you want to go that route just ask your credit card company for a "virtual" card for your real card with a very small limit. A $20 limit is fine. Just use that for the minutes. That way you can buy them without providing your real Credit Card. They can't make charges to a card they don't have. That way if you don't want to renew don't worry and let it lapse.

I may renew OnStar itself but it will be on my terms and I'll pay when the time comes.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
For those of you who want to save a few bucks, this was posted on FW...

After my free year with OnStar i noticed they were billing me @ 20 a month (auto bill to CC) I thought i canceled. Oh well, i'll do it now.
Contacted via 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827) and advised i'd like to cancel. Got to say no twice to their offers and final offer was 13.25 a month with 2 months free .... total around 157 or so for 14 months. Unknown if this was up front payment or auto bill.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 PM

I absolutely love the onstar and the XM. I have used my onstar several times and with out a problem. The way i look at it for $16 dollars a month to know you will never be stranded agian. Seems pretty cheap when you think about breaking down in downtown detroit.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
If the key is in the ign. you can not luck the door. If the key is tossed on a seat and you lock it in as I did with other vehicles, carrying a spare key on me is cheaper but you soon learn to make sure you have key in hand before locking your vehicle.
Sorry, but I've locked my keys in my HHR with the keys in the ignition. Didn't have OnStar activated so they couldn't help.. the 2nd remote that came with the HHR didn't work!

I used a broomstick with a carb return spring through the sunroof (it was cracked open, not fully open!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by diskullman
off"
So, I finally get on the phone, call my wife to bring out the spare keys, takes her an hour & a half, just to get close enough to push the "open" button the the spare remote. This was now an all-night occurance. did I get good mileage out of that tank? Think I trust Onstar ? Not with this life.
Next time try that trick where she holds the key up to the cell phone and you hold your cell phone up to the car.. I've seen it work!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 AM

I had Onstar in my '05 Impala as well as my HHR. In my Impala, I paid $16 per month for the basis package, I mainly got that because I like the "hands-free-calling". For me, it was worth the $$ just for that alone.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by chevyorange
Sorry, but I've locked my keys in my HHR with the keys in the ignition. Didn't have OnStar activated so they couldn't help.. the 2nd remote that came with the HHR didn't work!

I used a broomstick with a carb return spring through the sunroof (it was cracked open, not fully open!
When I press the little lock button at the front of the arm rest it will not lock when the key is in. Pushed the door post button and it does lock, so we are each half right So I guess the solution is to remove that post rod. I 'm use to using the other lock but never push it unless I do have keys in hand which became habit 40+ yrs ago. Odd that Chevy has two locking methods on the door. The '02 Impala I also have does not have the post rod.

Quick Reply: OnStar