General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Paint Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 AM

Paint Problem

I was washing my 08 HHR Sunburst Orange AA5 this past weekend, and I noticed the bubbles in the paint on the roofline just above that tailgate. I took it in to the dealer and he told me it was covered and gave me a 09 Impala as a rental. He also told me that he has seen it so many times in the past 6 months. But it is only happeneing on the HHRs. He said color wasn't an issue, he had repaired victory red ones, blue, orange, etc.. Pretty much all the colors they make them in. He said the most common places he had found them to do this was on the roof line, and the fenders. He had not seen problems with the hood at all. The spot will appear out of nowhere as a oval shape about the size of half a dollar, or spots the size of a pencil eraser. He said it would take a few days to get done, but I have the rental, so I am good. I just wanted to let you all kow that their could be an undercover problem lurking under your paint.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz
I just wanted to let you all kow that their could be an undercover problem lurking under your paint.
thanks for the heads up
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 PM

Thanks, I'll have to keep my eyes open
Old 11-21-2008, 08:52 PM

thanks for the heads up...i work for a mini cooper dealer detailing vehicles so i probably wouldnt miss it...but who knows now i will always be lookin for it...
Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Wow, I have that exact problem... same size and shape about 3 inches above the windshield... took it to one dealer and they said it was bird poop and that it wasn't covered. anyone who knows me knows that i carry a bottle of detailer in the trunk for just that occasion... i will have to try another dealer. Maybe i will see what the local dealer will do when i take the car in the have the headliner that the messed up (doing the recall) replaced. Thanks for the heads up... Its the one blemish that my car has and its very noticeable to me. I will post pics tomorrow so you can confirm that its the same thing.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:52 AM

I has that problem on an '80 Firebird. The dealer said the metal was exposed to certain chemicals before it was painted. They repainted the entire car under warranty.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:02 PM

My 08 has the same thing. I have a big spot over passenger rear door, finger size avove the passenger front door, and on the tailgate above the bowtie emblem. It's going to the dealer Monday for them to look at it.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM

Dropped the car off at the dealer last night for the headliner replacement... When i called the Service guy this morning, i told him about the spot, he said that he's seen it a couple times. They will have the car another day and should have it back Tomorrow night! WOO HOO!

Goodfellaz, did they repaint your roof or blend it in? how does it look? can you tell that its been painted?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Founding Member

I've never seen an HHR with this condition. Strange that other dealers in other states say they have seen in before. Funny how 2 members are in Florida too. Maybe it's a transport induced problem or there are chads under the paint.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I've never seen an HHR with this condition. Strange that other dealers in other states say they have seen in before. Funny how 2 members are in Florida too. Maybe it's a transport induced problem or there are chads under the paint.

Good way to punch one out.

Quick Reply: Paint Problem