General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Parts missing on new car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 PM

Parts missing on new car?

Hello all! This is my first post so I beg for forgiveness before hand. I just purchashed a new 2009 HHR and have a few questions to ask? First is there a search feature that I missed because I couldn't find one? My problem with my vehicle so far is this. Before I left the dealer I noticed that the interior door pulls had torx head screws visable. It looked like it was missing a cover on all four doors.The salesman,who I actually liked and was helpful,went out and pulled out another new one and it had the same thing missing.I have done previous interior work on other vehicles and this just seemed really odd.I then walked around the lot and saw a few older used HHR's and looked thru the window. Half of the vehicles there had them and some where missing on one side but not the other. I was there allready for just over 3 hours in the buying process and was allready tired of waiting for a confirmation on this.The service department is closed on Saturdays at this dealer so I couldn't ask someone to look this up.The salesman told me he would call me on Monday which he did and guess what? It is supposed to have covers so all the new vehicles in their lot need this as well.So as it stands I now have parts on order for this. My second question is this.When you open your car doors on the HHR's and look between the hinges on the door and fender is there supposed to be some type of cover? When I open my door I can see between the crack something looks like some type of insulation.It is grayish black and looks carpet padding. Does anyone else have this showing or was my car put together on Monday when everyone came in with a hang over? This seems like it would absorb water without some type of cover.Does anyone else have similiar problems like this? Sorry for the long post!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 PM

Welcome!

Welcome! Yes, there is a search function. It is on the left hand side right below the image of the wheel, and right above your stats.

Yes, those torx screws in the doors should be covered and you shouldn't have to pay for them.

Seeing the insulation is normal. It is that way on all othe models. I had a 2006 LT1 and now an 09 SS and it shows that way in both.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM

As a buyer of a 2009 HHR, I can tell you that in each door pull there should be a piece of rubber to hide the screws underneath. However I did ask this question of the dealer and really did not get an answer. Thanks for bringing it up, it has slipped my mind to call or mention this outside of the first couple of days.

Should the four pieces of rubber in the door pulls be glued down? I have them but they are not attached, also they curve a little upwards on their ends?

Thanks!

Fred
Old 08-31-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by outlandishhhr
Welcome! Yes, there is a search function. It is on the left hand side right below the image of the wheel, and right above your stats.
Yes there is a search function but it is on the right hand side of the page in the orange bar near the top of the screen

BTW, Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 45
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Founding Member

The liners are known to FLY out of the door when shutting. If not they are bowed up at each end like a handle bar mustache.

The other is sound insulation. I hear up north it gets wet and freezes.

Oh and:

Name:  WELCOME.gif
Views: 271
Size:  12.2 KB
Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM

I thought of putting velcro down under each....I was missing one when I took delivery and the dealer replaced it...Welcome.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mgfred
As a buyer of a 2009 HHR, I can tell you that in each door pull there should be a piece of rubber to hide the screws underneath. However I did ask this question of the dealer and really did not get an answer. Thanks for bringing it up, it has slipped my mind to call or mention this outside of the first couple of days.

Should the four pieces of rubber in the door pulls be glued down? I have them but they are not attached, also they curve a little upwards on their ends?

Thanks!

Fred
No they are not glued down and we have never had them blow out from closing the doors on either of our HHRs. They should eventually flatten out. There are different sizes for front and back, double check and make sure they are in the correct door.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
No they are not glued down and we have never had them blow out from closing the doors on either of our HHRs. They should eventually flatten out. There are different sizes for front and back, double check and make sure they are in the correct door.
Thanks Mike and everybody else that replied!

Yeah when I asked the dealer they said they didn't know if they should be attached but thought they probably won't fall out on me. I was told I would hear back, but that never happened. Mine are in the right doors.

Fred
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Founding Member

As far as the grip liners go, I guess I should have added that the problem of them disappearing began with the 2009 models. The old style didn't have this problem.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
As far as the grip liners go, I guess I should have added that the problem of them disappearing began with the 2009 models. The old style didn't have this problem.
Gotcha! Did not know that, I guess with the redesigned doors because of the window switch location it makes sense.

Quick Reply: Parts missing on new car?