General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

PFYC HHR of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 PM

PFYC HHR of the Month

Congratulations Chris (sunburstchris)!!! I was checking out the site and noticed your HHR
Old 04-10-2007, 06:49 PM

Thumbs up Congrats!!!!!

Name:  hhrofthemonth.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  64.7 KB

Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM

That makes two Orange HHRs in a row and my kings reign is over .. Congrats Chris
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM

hey, right on bud.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM

thanks. i was so stoked when i saw that. i thought i would see tom's hhr again. was suprised to see "tony" on there. thank you guys
Old 05-06-2007, 07:55 AM

Goes to say "If you submit your HHR, They will post it!"
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Congrats Chris...it's great to see Tony on there.

If you would like to see some of the other HHR's from months past...check here. "Smoke" was the featured ride in September 2006.

http://www.pfyc.com/cotm/hh/index.html
Old 05-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Congrats Chris!! It's pretty cool when you look on a site and see your vehicle honored, my Grand Prix was on the PFYC web site as "Car of the Month"!!
http://www.pfyc.com/cotm/gp/index.html
Week 135!!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Thats kool Chris, 2 HHR"S from Virginia made it. I was also there for November and December. Great Job!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Goes to say "If you submit your HHR, They will post it!"
Basically:

How to submit your car for Car of the Week or Month

Please Read This Entire Page Before Submitting Your Photo!

We need a good-quality digital photo either a scanned photo, or from a good-quality digital camera. Please, no camera phone pictures.
The picture must be at least 640x480 pixels in size, or larger. Unfortunately, we can't use any smaller than that. If it's larger, that's fine.
Do not send a photo with a file size larger than 500KB.
The picture must be a .jpg (or .jpeg) file type. Any other file types will be discarded (including .gif .pcx and .bmp). Sorry, no exceptions.
You don't need to have a lot of fancy or expensive mods to be Car of the Week or Month. All it takes is a nice picture (hints for getting the right shot are below). Take lots of pictures and pick the best one to send.
Please do not send photos of your cars with scantilly-clad women posing with them. This is not Hot Rod Magazine. The car should be able to stand by itself.
E-mail your picture to carpics@pfyc.com along with your name, the make, model, year, and color of the car, and your website, if you have one.
Here is some further information.

The way photos are selected isn't based on when they're submitted, but rather by the quality of the picture. To be perfectly honest, if the picture doesn't cut it, we're going to delete it and move on to the next one. If it's nice, it may get used eventually.

You only need to submit your car once, unless you get a better photo and the car hasn't been run already. We run each car one time. Be patient, if your car doesn't show up in a month or two, that doesn't meant it won't make it. It usually takes between three and 6 months for your car to make it (sometimes longer). If you get a better picture in that time, feel free to submit it again.

We can't stress enough that photo quality is very important. This doesn't mean you need an expensive camera. What it does mean is that your car is shot from a good angle, with good lighting. The background should be taken into consideration.

We do realize that many of you are not experienced photographers so we'll toss in a few more subtle hints that will help your car get featured:

Please get the car out of your driveway, unless of course you have a long scenic driveway. The background and setting are important. Not that we want the background to stand out, but if you have a picture of your nice car sitting in front of a wrecked '62 Ford Falcon with a dumpster behind it, these can be distractions.
Please note the quality and settings of the previous cars we've used by visiting the archives. These entries made it because of the quality of the pictures submitted.
Lighting is extremely important. Try taking the picture at sunrise when the lighting is softest. If sunrise doesn't work, try sunset. The middle of the day with bright sunlight is not a good time to photograph due to harsh reflections and shadows.
Be unique. Try something new like a good action shot or different angle or setting.
We hope these hints help you get the shot that gets noticed. Thank you for submitting your picture!

Quick Reply: PFYC HHR of the Month