General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Re: Rear Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM

Red face Re: Rear Door Locks

Why don't the rear door locks allow you to lock the doors? Many times I get things out of the back seats and press the lock button, but nothing happens.
Is there a setting in the "personalization" menu?

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 PM

I never tried that... I have Keyless so no need.

Will have to try though.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM

Yeh, I've got keyless too (I'm sure everyone does!), but it still means I have to juggle what I'm holding to operate the remote OR I leave the driver's door open and press its lock button, then bump both doors closed with my butt when I'm ready to go. Petty, I know.....but still an annoying oversight.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Founding Member

I have never tried the rear door lock switches but could this be what's happening to you?

Delayed Locking
This feature will delay the actual locking of the doors and liftgate when the power door lock switch or remote keyless entry transmitter is used to lock the vehicle.

If any door is open when locking the vehicle, three chimes will sound signaling that the delayed locking feature is active. Five seconds after the last door is closed, all of the doors and liftgate will lock. The turn signal lamps will flash to indicate that the doors have been locked. To cancel the delay and lock the doors immediately, press the lock button a second time.

If the key is in the ignition this feature will not lock the doors.

If your vehicle has a Driver Information Center (DIC), you can disable this function. See DIC Vehicle Personalization .
Old 12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
ecl

theres a lock button in the back? I didnt realize that I thought there were only window switches
Old 12-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krusty
Why don't the rear door locks allow you to lock the doors? Many times I get things out of the back seats and press the lock button, but nothing happens.
Is there a setting in the "personalization" menu?

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I would entertain that this is by design. I'd imagine that they thought the typical rear passenger would be Jr or Fido and that they should not be able to lock you out of your car by accident.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ecl
theres a lock button in the back? I didnt realize that I thought there were only window switches
You're right! There's just the manual locks.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Ratracer
You're right! There's just the manual locks.
Must be why I never tried it before.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM

I was just wiping-down my SS... Tried locking the RR Door, manually... The door was open, I pushed the lock-knob down and closed the door.. The door was locked! I pushed the unlock button on the RF door--and the RR door unlocked... Mine seems to work fine!!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:24 PM

The lock buttons on the back doors are not lock buttons at all, they are the power window switches. The back doors do have power locks but as mentioned earlier there is no switch in the back seat, they must be operated manually if you are sitting back there (you wouldn't want your kids to be able to lock and unlock all the doors)

I can see where it would be confusing since the rear window switches are in the same place on the door as the front lock buttons.

Quick Reply: Re: Rear Door Locks