General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Ready to do upgrades, help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Talking Ready to do upgrades, help!

Hi all,

I would like to upgrade Gomez with a new sound system and Onstar to begin.

I've already got the advice on the running boards, THANX

But since you are all experts I wanted to know how much and what to do to add these and any other upgrades to my HHR.

BTW, Gomez did get a ding from someone's car door

How do I fix that on my own??? Dent puller? The ding is so small my hubby thinks the dent puller won't work.

Thanks all in advance for your help.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:56 AM

OnStar cannot be added. It is too integrated with the vehicle. The best things that I've added to my HHR is the rear parking sensors and the Homelink garage door opener. I am glad to see the fever spreading.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by srlmort
Hi all,

But since you are all experts I wanted to know how much and what to do to add these and any other upgrades to my HHR.
Sound systems aren't my cup of tea exactly, I'm more than happy with my stock one.

Not sure how climate is around your area, but here's a few that I would suggest:

1: Dash mat. Got a black one for Christmas, looked really nice against Stitch I's grey interior. Looks even BETTER against the ebony in Stitch II! (Will post pictures probably tomorrow)
2: Depending on potential future usages of Gomez, a trailer hitch would probably be a smart investment. Not only is it functional, but you can get some neat Chevy billet hitch plugs for them, as well! (Getting my old hitch put on Stitch II on Friday, when I get the opportunity I'll take pictures of that too)
3: If you haven't tracked one down already, one of two options on antennas, either get a stubby or do something creative with the factory fishing rod.

How do I fix that on my own??? Dent puller? The ding is so small my hubby thinks the dent puller won't work.
Try to get your mitts on a Ding King. I have used one personally and found that yes, it did work as advertised. Also, while you search pick up some touch-up paint in case there is paint damage called by the door.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

Meh, I wouldn't worry about the ding. Just something that's bound to happen if you drive the car, and if you worry about every little ding here and there, you'll never have time to enjoy the ride!

Sounds: ask around, find a good stereo shop in your area, try to figure out if you want to give up space to build up a big system, or keep everything looking stock.

On Star: how much do you wanna spend to have the dealer put one in?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM

I know there is a company that takes out small dents without doing bodywork In Pennsylvaina not sure about your area ask your dealer
Old 03-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Look up paintless dent repair in your Google window and something is bound to pop up for oyur area. Its inexpensive too!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 AM

Hi all,

I've already got the advice on the running boards, THANX

Thanks all in advance for your help.
Click on the Chevy HHR Network link above then go to the message board for audio. I'm sure you can get some great advise there!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 AM

Thanks

Thanks for all the great advice.

Like right after I posted the msg I found out that Onstar cannot be installed after it's been bought. LOL I feel like such a girl.

I really do want to get a new sound system because since I am a metalgrl after all I need a better sound!

Thanks for all the great advice, I will be checkin around to see what would be good for my beloved Gomez.

BTW, my hubby made a joke that I love the car more than him, which is simply not true...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 PM

I have a Ding King, it works pretty good.
I`m in Chi.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:43 AM

I've tried the dent puller on a ding, but after a few car washes I guess from the pressure the ding went back to its original form.

Quick Reply: Ready to do upgrades, help!