General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Really getting closer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Really getting closer...

Ok folks...

I know I said I was going to wait until the dead of winter before I pulled the trigger...well...

Tomorrow I'm renting an HHR for one week. If after a week of driving it on Maryland backroads and Freeways, and I like it, I will buy one. Otherwise I will keep my 2007 Honda Accord.

Wish me luck.

Peace,

MWG2

Last edited by MWG2; 11-28-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot sentence
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Founding Member

Good luck!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM

You will like the HHR...you will like the HHR....and these aren't the droids you're looking for.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM

I think you will love it. Funny you should mention this...I was hanging some Christmas wreaths in front of our building the other day and saw a white HHR pull into visitor parking. Being the HHR nut that I am, I asked the guy how he liked his HHR. He told me he was just renting it, but he thought it was a great car...very roomy, alot of power for only being a 4 cylinder and that he got a ton of compliments from people who had seen it. Funniest thing he did say though was, "last time I rented a car when I was here, they gave me a PT Cruiser...and the HHR is a much better car in my opinion." Needless to say I
Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I think you will love it. Funny you should mention this...I was hanging some Christmas wreaths in front of our building the other day and saw a white HHR pull into visitor parking. Being the HHR nut that I am, I asked the guy how he liked his HHR. He told me he was just renting it, but he thought it was a great car...very roomy, alot of power for only being a 4 cylinder and that he got a ton of compliments from people who had seen it. Funniest thing he did say though was, "last time I rented a car when I was here, they gave me a PT Cruiser...and the HHR is a much better car in my opinion." Needless to say I
Hey Court, How is smoke??..Wheelie is worried abouthim, I know hewas feeling a little under the weather and had to be towed, Please let me know..And Wheelie too, My poor HHR can't sleep from the worry!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Smoke is doing great and happy as a clam. He needed a new ignition module and some spark plugs and he's back in all his glory. Even seems to run peppier now than before, so I would venture to guess maybe the parts were weak to begin with. Please get some sleep you two...we're as good as new and enjoying being on the road again together.

PS...he does get a bit scared when we drive by where he was towed from every day on my way to work though. I told him not to worry though...I wouldn't let him end up on the back of a tow truck again if I could help it.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:35 AM

you should love it good luck with the rental
Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Smoke is doing great and happy as a clam. He needed a new ignition module and some spark plugs and he's back in all his glory. Even seems to run peppier now than before, so I would venture to guess maybe the parts were weak to begin with. Please get some sleep you two...we're as good as new and enjoying being on the road again together.

PS...he does get a bit scared when we drive by where he was towed from every day on my way to work though. I told him not to worry though...I wouldn't let him end up on the back of a tow truck again if I could help it.
(Wheelie is clapping is doors and sighing in relief, you can hear Wheelie cheering in the background.."YAY!!..WHOOO!!!...THANK GOODNESS!!..YAHOO!!!"

(After Wheelie celebrates for his brother he finally falls asleep peacefully)zzz..zzzz..zzz..zzzz..zzzz
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 PM

wow you have an 07 Accord and will sell it if you like the HHR?
you might take a pretty good financial hit if you sell your Accord so soon...
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
wow you have an 07 Accord and will sell it if you like the HHR?
you might take a pretty good financial hit if you sell your Accord so soon...
Normally that is true, BUT, I get Honda's way below dealer cost and I got this one at $1,500 BELOW dealer hold-back. I will loose about $1,200, that's all.

Quick Reply: Really getting closer...