General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Road Trip to Big Jims, Whitney Tx for Visor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Deceased

Road Trip to Big Jims, Whitney Tx for Visor

Got up early and on the road by 7:15 and to my amazement i never got slower than 45 one time and the rest was over that. 92.6 miles one way and what a nice place. Big Jim passed and his wife who remarried runs it.
they are quiet and do mostly internet business and open Mon-Fri and if you go there by appointment. She is real quiet and he is real nice and great and loved the HHR and how it had lots of possibilities.

i had set an appointment for 9 am and got there at 8:50 to see if they had a visor out of the 2000+ visors they had on hand that would fit my HHR. they did not have anything under 53" and we measured the HHR at 46". they just didnt make cars narrow as they are now.

they are calling one manufacture to see if they will modify one they make down to 46 inches and measure an HHR to see if they can make one to fit it. Fiberglass and will need painting for around $179. will see what happens. we looked for over a couple of hours.

well they had tons of stuff in their showroom and had a huge metal building full of parts. what was amazing was they had 18,000+ fender skirts, yes i said 18,000+. the walls had shelves from ground to a 20 ft+ ceiling and wood shelves w thousands of fender skirts there. whole cars across the street for rebuilding and just about every kind of part for bodies on all makes and models of older cars. i wish i would have taken my camera.

i was disappointed that we couldnt find a visro to fit and i was on a ladder for 2 hours looking and measuring. they had fiberclass, even a wood visor, stainless and even sheet metal. Some were really heavy, especially the stainless ones.

one thing they did have in stock were 2 in chrome triple lake side pipes and heavy duty chrome hangars. i am going to hang those after i get off or at least start. Pics will follow later. we have rain coming so i am working w work light and this will be fun.

Smiles a plenty now and cant wait