General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

In search of a complete HHR SS front bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 PM

In search of a complete HHR SS front bumper cover

I purchased an 08 ss with some damage and can not find a used front bumper cover anywhere. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to find one? I priced a new one and it is $1000 from a dealer.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome missbecky-

Try here, best online place imo.. & prices as well..

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 PM

If you have the old one, and it's not completely destroyed it can be repaired. They are basically a big chunk of rubber, that can be mended, smoothed and painted. The "LKQ" (Like Kind Quality) replacement parts are generally damaged parts that the shop repairs and paints. There are even companies that do nothing but, check with an insurance adjuster for a referral.

check ebay or the local junkyard (oops, salvage company), if you ask one, you ask them all it's like the proto-net, they do not seem to be very internet friendly. Or, a local body shop/insurance adjuster guy should be able to facilitate.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by missbecky
I purchased an 08 ss with some damage and can not find a used front bumper cover anywhere. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to find one? I priced a new one and it is $1000 from a dealer.

Try this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2010-Ch...item27be551272

Ther are some used like you asked for on ebay as well, this one is new and ready for paint.

Here, added this for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-Us...item3cbf3bbe17
Old 12-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Thanks everyone, I have been watching ebay and have been in contact with a few sellers on there but no one has a complete front bumper cover for it. The one that came off it is beyond repair unfortunately. One a good note I purchased a 2LT model that made a great donor for all of my parts except the cooler for the turbo and the bumper cover. Two more parts and my new toy is ready to rock!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

??? I thought the links above were for a complete cover. If this isn't what you are looking for then maybe you could be more specific.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 AM

I'm truly sorry I should have put in there that I need the fog lights, lower grill, basically the works. The one that came on the car was destroyed, but it's looking like I might have to buy one like the link that was posted and have it painted and purchase all pieces separate. The dealer price is about $1000 for every piece so I was just hoping to find a used one somewhere.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by missbecky
I'm truly sorry I should have put in there that I need the fog lights, lower grill, basically the works. The one that came on the car was destroyed, but it's looking like I might have to buy one like the link that was posted and have it painted and purchase all pieces separate. The dealer price is about $1000 for every piece so I was just hoping to find a used one somewhere.
You can try Schram Auto Parts in Pontiac. They handle only GM parts at that location. Might have what you're looking for or may know where you can get them.

Schram: (248) 673-5700
Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM

i work for a LKQ company keystone to be exactly we re manufacturer oem bumpers it really depends if where they re-manufacture the bumper cover.we try our best to make it look the best that we can our plant is a small one but we do strive on quality but i have a hhr too but never seen a ss cover pass through if i ever do ill make sure i do the repairs to it
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone. I spoke with Schrams and LKQ today and had no luck, but on a good note I did order a new one this afternoon so my car will be complete by the end of the week! I am pretty excited because I have not got to drive it yet.

Quick Reply: In search of a complete HHR SS front bumper cover