General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Should Continual HHRs Bashers Be Allowed to Post
Yes, We live in a Democracy.
19.30%
Yes, Negative comments add to the fun.
15.79%
No, This is a Chevy HHR fan club - others stay away.
24.56%
Occasional negative postings are OK, but continual is rude.
53.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Should HHR Haters Be Allowed To Post?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM

This is the unfortunate side of online forums and for the most part unavoidable. I follow several others (not car related) and the same thing happens all the time. Some forums are quicker to ban the idiots than others.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:20 PM

As a 25 year Fiero owner do not get worked up over this. You are going to get the good and the bad. It is just part of owning a car that is different and polarizing.

If you you drove a Camry no one would make a fuss about your car because no one would notice.

If you want to stand out in the crowd you need to learn to take the good with the bad.

Yes even Ferrari owners get trashed too.

If you have thin skin buy a Toyota a blend in to the back ground. Other wise do your self a favore and ignore the idiots.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Feel sorry for those HHR haters, they might drive a Ford Name:  happy01941.gif
Views: 20
Size:  13.2 KB
Old 05-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Just hope no more people ask me "How do you like your PT".. See the golden bowtie!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

I believe they should be allowed to post, everyone is allowed an opinion.....HOWEVER, someplace down the line the Moderators need to step in and take more positive action.

When the thread IS BECOMING INFLAMMATORY, something needs to take place. But this is a sensitive area. .....using a recent members posting regarding his attempted buy-back, after continuous overheating problems, for example. Should he have been censored because of his troubles (rhetorical).

I really like the confusing posts from people that don't make any sense.....especially if you look into the profile and they don't list a HHR as an owner. They own maybe a Dodge Dakota
Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
We have people that come on this forum only to fulfill their self need to be negative. I'm sure their entire daily life is one big negative and the people close to them know this too. They have more problems in their life than this forum can fix.

If a member trys to incite conflicts and flame wars, they will be dealt with on an individual basis.

I for one, will never become a member of a Toyota or Nissan (or __insert name here) forum so to piss on their turf...

I don't like the PT bathtub, but i'm not going over to the PT forum to rattle the PT guys chains.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Should HHR Haters Be Allowed To Post?

I frequent a few forums where just about anything goes except death threats. I also frequent forums where the mods control (or attempt to) the content. This a specialized forum - we aren't discussing UFO's, 9-11 or if the moon landing was a hoax - we are discussing something that we all have in common - the Chevy Heritage Hot Rod.

I certainly believe in free speech, but if the "haters" want to put down our choice of vehicles, they can start their own forum.

Just a newbee's point of view.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM

I got thrown out of the Toyota forum for stating true facts about the poor humane conditions of their parts plants in the Far East. Some have died working there, doing 18 hr shifts 7 days a week in sweat boxes. No O.T. pay and 50 cents an hour. Then their surviving families were not compensated for the breadwinners hard work(death).
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM

post whatever you like as l;ong as you dont personally insult another. ITS A VEHICLE.....people have opinions and can post whatever they want. TRY running a newspaper with only positive stories and leave out the bad stuff.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by chooch
post whatever you like as l;ong as you dont personally insult another.

Wrong, post within site rules and guidelines.

Quick Reply: Should HHR Haters Be Allowed To Post?