General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Small update on my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Small update on my car

Well Finally got some information on my poor baby. The adjustor went to the now swap(after days of rain) of a parking lot and said from the looks of it they may be able to bring it back t life. He was going to have it moved to the dealer so they can take it apart and find out if it can be fixed. Guess that is good and bad news, bad news as of right now no 07 in the picture good news is that I would have mine back. Torn because of the work I was doing and had put into the car, I want it back, but would like to get an 07.
Anway guess I am in a rental for a while, waiting to hear back from the dealer.
Speaking of rentals... When I first got my rental they game be some Buick big ole car that I do not think my grandparents would own, anyway I went to trade in the rental today and was waiting on a malibu to get cleaned and gas. The lady was asking why where had a rental so I told the story. Then guess what was being returned, YES a Sandstone LS. The lady did not even ask if I wanted it she just tore up the paperwork on the malibu and gave me the HHR. I may nt have my baby back but I am back in an HHR till mine is ready
Old 08-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Glad to hear they have made some progress. I know it's hard not have your own HHR to drive, keep your head up, you'll have it soon!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM

I'm sure you will notice the differences between your car and the Rental.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Dwayne...

Glad to hear of the "good news" update.

Also, it's good to hear that the insurance company is doing a "tear down" estimate. They always find that it costs more to repair when they do a tear down. I would suggest that he believes it may be borderline repairable, since tear-down estimates are a charged expense and are not generally done.

Good luck...keep us informed.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:02 PM

Glad to hear you're back in an HHR...even if it isn't your own. Sounds like the insurance company is right on top of things. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:02 PM

Glad to hear the news, I guess a rental HHR is better than no HHR!!!!!!!
Nows the time to talk to the shop on getting stuff painted or pinstriped in a different manner. It would be cheaper now. Also, get a baby food jar cleaned and get the shop to give you some extra paint so you could touch up the rock chip areas.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I'm sure you will notice the differences between your car and the Rental.
Big time, let alone just the diierence between an LT and LS but you can tell people have been pushing this car to see what it can do. It only has about 3600 miles on it for an 06, but it is an HHR
Old 08-26-2006, 05:00 PM

Maybe I saw you while I was up in Mesa yesterday! I saw a Sandstone LS rental at Country Club and 60, then another Sandstone HHR (LS/LT??) on Mesa Dr. about an hour later! This was around noon or so.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Maybe I saw you while I was up in Mesa yesterday! I saw a Sandstone LS rental at Country Club and 60, then another Sandstone HHR on Mesa Dr. about an hour later! This was around noon.

I just picked it up today. May have been the same one The guy who droped it off said he was all over the place because I really like it. If I was a chevy salesman I would have him sold on one right there in the rental office.
He liked it so much he asked to put a hold on it in a couple of months when he comes back to visit his son
Old 08-26-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Retroburban
Glad to hear the news, I guess a rental HHR is better than no HHR!!!!!!!
Nows the time to talk to the shop on getting stuff painted or pinstriped in a different manner. It would be cheaper now. Also, get a baby food jar cleaned and get the shop to give you some extra paint so you could touch up the rock chip areas.

It appears that Mr. Retro is messing around and work and working so hard today.. Glad to hear they are moving on your care Duane! And yes... it is great you were able to get a rental HHR... now you don't have to feel so left out!
MPS

Quick Reply: Small update on my car