General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

in snow

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:11 AM

in snow

how is the hhr to drive in the snow?????
my cobalt was great when i had good snow tires on it
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 AM

Smile I'm Guessing now but might be able to tell you in a bit

Originally Posted by mr.2lt
how is the hhr to drive in the snow?????
my cobalt was great when i had good snow tires on it
IMHO ...front wheel drives do well in snow because a slight burst and giving it its head usually straightens her out ...of course if the front has all the weight in it...loaded I suppose it might be a nightmare ...of course any car can be ... Like My dear old Pappy used to say " an idiot with the finest tools available ...is still and idiot ...."

Last edited by Ogre999; 09-30-2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Cause I'm an Idiot
Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 AM

I haven't had the chance to drive mine in snow yet, but last spring, two weeks after I bought mine, I drove down to see my Father and there had been a blowing ice storm between here and there....... 2" of rutted ice all over the roads. Sure it was only 10-15 MPH in most places, but I was one of the only ones not having any problems..... many others were in the ditch including a few tow trucks and 4 wheel drives. That was on worn factory tires too..........

I'm planning on getting some snow tires for my "winter rims" here soon and expect no problems unless the snow is deeper than the front valence........ I would imagine an HHR wouldn't make a good snowplough.....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Rest In Peace

The HHR can NOT be driven in Snow!

You MUST Park and Garage (Preferably a Heated Garage mind you) kept at 70 Degrees. Play the garage radio on a Rock N Roll station 24/7, don't have to be too loud but On at all times to keep your HHR company and stimulated when your not out there Waxing and Dusting it off.

A TV with Cable or SAT. could be substituted. And Don't forget, the night light.

You should also eat your dinner out in the garage with your HHR at least 2-3X's a week, take a cot or a nice couch out there as well, as you will be needing to sleep out there a few nights a week to keep it company as the HHR's like to have sleep overs with friends.

Please GENTLY set your HHR on 4 jack stands to give the tires a rest, and reduce flat spots from winters hibernation.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:19 AM

Good advice, since this as about as close to a ZR1 as I'm likely to get, might as well give it the royal treatment.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM

I park mine for the winter, but that's only because my Lumina handles better, and frankly I can do whatever the hell I want!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
The HHR can NOT be driven in Snow!

You MUST Park and Garage (Preferably a Heated Garage mind you) kept at 70 Degrees. Play the garage radio on a Rock N Roll station 24/7, don't have to be too loud but On at all times to keep your HHR company and stimulated when your not out there Waxing and Dusting it off.

A TV with Cable or SAT. could be substituted. And Don't forget, the night light.

You should also eat your dinner out in the garage with your HHR at least 2-3X's a week, take a cot or a nice couch out there as well, as you will be needing to sleep out there a few nights a week to keep it company as the HHR's like to have sleep overs with friends.

Please GENTLY set your HHR on 4 jack stands to give the tires a rest, and reduce flat spots from winters hibernation.
Originally Posted by Randy_W
Good advice, since this as about as close to a ZR1 as I'm likely to get, might as well give it the royal treatment.
Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I park mine for the winter, but that's only because my Lumina handles better, and frankly I can do whatever the hell I want!
Oh well.................... so much for honest opinions......
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Mine was great in the snow early this year. I can only imagine that snow tires would be even better. If you are planning on said tires, no worries.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 AM

I figure nothing can be worse then my mustang or GTO with stock summer onlys lol.

But really it is all how safe you drive, get some nice tires and you should be okay.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM

Replace the crappy stock Firestones(the ones on the 2LT are terrible in snow) and the car is good in the snow.

Quick Reply: in snow