General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sunroof Vent question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 03:58 PM

Sunroof Vent question

Just bought my 2009 LS 7 weeks ago, enjoying it for the most part. Bought it to replace my old DD, as I don't like driving my 2008 Challenger SRT everyday. Yesterday I found out if you have the sunroof open in vent position, it closes after you shut the car off. Is there any way to keep it 'vented' when parked?
Old 01-17-2021, 05:10 PM

I did not know they did that. There is a link for a free digital Owner Manual in my sig; The answer should be there.;
Old 01-17-2021, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Hmm. Mine stays open after shutting the car off.
Are you sure this is a factory sunroof ? May be aftermarket. Since yours is a basic LS model, a lot of those didn't come with a factory sunroof.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:54 PM

I have the owner's manual, doesn't say anything about it. Yes I'm sure it came with the sunroof I have the window sticker as well. If I open the sunroof all the way it will stay open, but when just the vent is open it closes about 10 seconds after shutting off the car
Old 01-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Administrator

There is something about your sunroof, it doesn’t appear to be factory

The edge around the glass doesn’t appear to be like this 2007
Old 01-17-2021, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Not sure. Mine stays open. I've gone into a store, come out 20 minutes later and see that it was still open in the vent position.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:55 PM
Administrator

I found this in the OM for the 2009 model year, on page 2-56

Sunroof
The vehicle may have a power sunroof.
The switches that operate the sunroof are located in the headliner.
To open or close the sunroof, the ignition must be in ON/RUN, ACC/ACCESSORY, or Retained Accessory Power (RAP) must be active. See Retained Accessory Power (RAP) on page 2-25.
Express Open: To express open the power sunroof, fully press the driver’s side switch rearward once.
To stop the sunroof glass in a desired position other than to the express-open position, press the switch again, in either direction, to stop the movement. If the sunshade is in the closed position, it will open with the sunroof, or it can be opened manually.
Vent Open: To open to the vent position from the closed position, press and hold the passenger’s side sunroof switch forward. The rear of the sunroof panel will tilt upward to the full vent position. The sunshade must be opened manually.
Express Close: To express close the power sunroof, fully press the driver’s side switch forward once. To stop the sunroof glass in a desired position other than closed, press the switch again in either direction. The sunshade must be closed manually.
Close: To close the power sunroof, operate the controls according to one of the following:
• From the open position, press and hold the driver’s side sunroof switch forward. The sunshade must be closed manually.
• From the vent position, press and hold the passenger’s side sunroof switch rearward.
Anti-Pinch: If an object is in the path of the sunroof while it is closing, the anti-pinch feature will detect the object and stop the sunroof from closing at the point of the obstruction. The sunroof will then return to the full-open or vent position. To close the sunroof once it has re-opened, refer to the two options previously described under the “Close” feature instructions.
2-56
Old 01-17-2021, 07:24 PM

I don't recall factory installed sunroof for LS, possible it is "Dealer installed"? There is only a tiny difference between LS and stripped LT, that is mostly the wheels and pin striping and LT had a choice of engines.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 PM

I mentioned above I have the owners manual. It doesn't say anything about it closing automatically when the engine shuts off.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:08 PM

I thought I had read either on the window sticker or in the list of RPO codes that it had the factory sunroof, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It has the factory switch in the factory place on the roof, so I'm guessing it was installed by the dealer. Guess that's why it closes with the key off. Not sure how it's wired differently from factory to do that.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Vent question