General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Talk me into an HHR...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 PM

Talk me into an HHR...

My 97 Honda Accord just turned over 169,000 miles and I've started looking for a replacement. I've been lusting after the Panel HHR's for a while now and am very tempted to pull the trigger on one. I shoot competitively and like the fact that the cargo compartment is not readily viewable from the exterior since I'm travelling with (occasionally many) firearms pretty regularly. I also think my dog (Great Pyranese/Labrador Retriever mix) would LOVE all the room in the back, and it'd be nice not to have carpet and upolstery to catch all her hair. What do you guys think? Am I on the right track here?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 PM

DO IT DO IT I just bought my 07 about 6 weeks ago and I wish I would have bought it when they first came out in o6 the room inside is unbeliveable for the size out side there comfertabe and Im 6' 260 pounds I love cant say enough about it as for then pannel all I know is there is no back seat so its a 2 seater I am a huge shooter also I just had the rear windows titned darker I think I went 3% ontop of the factory nice and black and with the rear seats folded down its just as much room as the pannel. PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER ALREADY. oh ya gas milage is killer also its gotta be close to the Honda I get 26-29.5 depends on how much town driving I do the worst I got was 25 all in town or on the freeway going 90 + Just blowing out the carbon build up lol did I say DO IT YET you wount be sorry
Old 06-16-2008, 12:06 AM

to the best place for anything Go for it, you won't regret it! It's like driving a new hot rod!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 AM

Yup, do it!
The only downside(IMO) that kept me from getting a panel, was lack of vision.I have a few wierd intersections near me, and having a panel would have made it darn near impossible to see anything from the right side, when pulling into traffic.

Ok, two reasons LOL. I wanted a SS panel, which at the time they did not make yet (i quess they are taking orders now for them)

Tho i'm glad i got the SS, i feel i woulda had a few headaches from lack of vision a few times while driving (sure i coulda avoided the known intersections that would cause problems, but there woulda been time that i could not)
You could always super dark tint the rear window areas, and give you somewhat vision out, and still darn near block out any prying eyes from the outside.

Either way, i think you will be glad if you got a HHR, in whatever form.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 AM

If its a problem with being able to see inside the car b/c you have all that stuff in the back, one of the features i love with my 06 LT is that the rear cargo cover will sit up and flat so you have all that space behind the rear seat covered, kinda like one of those vinyl covers a lot of SUV's have but hard plastic on the HHR. that way you would have the use of 4 seats and the privacy without having to tint windows.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM

Okay 75,000 miles, very few issues on a first year vehicle, almost too much fun to drive and modify, great people, very good gas mileage, an increased availability of aftermarket stuff...oh and there is the instantaneously cool appearance you get in your driveway, in your parking place at work and any where else that you go !!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
ecl

If you want the panel look but not the loss of visibility lood at aa5 rear windo delete option thats what I got and love it. Plus you can always just put the rear seats down when you need the storage and up when you need to carry more than just two people.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 17
Size:  38.2 KB

What's there not to love about the HHR??
Old 06-16-2008, 09:38 AM

Get the SS, it's faster than a speeding bullet!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Wait for the SS

The SS panel should be out for the '09 model year...my SS is all I had hoped it would be.

Quick Reply: Talk me into an HHR...