General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Temp guage

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM

Temp guage

Anyone have their temp guage stop working or sometimes work on the HHR? Mine is random. Sometimes it stays at the morning reading, other times it doesn't. Aside from air leaking out of my front tires, I'm thinking of taking her in.

JIm

Edit: Outside Air Temp...sorry

Last edited by Jeda13; 09-16-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 PM

Air temp or coolant temp.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 PM

My 08 HHR has been in 3 times to the dealership for this fix and the DIC still dont read even remotely close to what the outside temperature is.

Other than that, I do like the HHR alot.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM

welp my outside temp....... stuck again......... this time it stayed stuck till i got to the dealership..... they did some checkin and testing ....... the end result is they had to order a new bcm, said that was the problem..... welp i guess in couple days take it back see it that works.....

but my worked then it didnt .......then it would work...... stay the same temp for miles and miles...then all of sudden change....... did that several times. but finially stayed stuck to the dealership.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by HHR4JK
welp my outside temp....... stuck again......... this time it stayed stuck till i got to the dealership..... they did some checkin and testing ....... the end result is they had to order a new bcm, said that was the problem..... welp i guess in couple days take it back see it that works.....

but my worked then it didnt .......then it would work...... stay the same temp for miles and miles...then all of sudden change....... did that several times. but finially stayed stuck to the dealership.

Exactly. I know it's not a necessary feature but it is nice. Plus, it doesnt' put a lot of faith in the other readings I'm getting and those are more important.

Jim
Old 09-16-2008, 10:18 PM

So, not sure if I read correctly, but have you had the replacement in yet? I'd be interested, mine reads about 5 to 10 high sometimes. Again, not important... but it would be cool if it worked!

I can verify that my compass is good though! :)
Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 AM

Oitside Temp Gauge

Mine has never worked and GM will do nothing about it !

Wont replace the BCM and wont repair grinding rear brakes !

I am fed up with GM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Raven 2008
Mine has never worked and GM will do nothing about it !

Wont replace the BCM and wont repair grinding rear brakes !

I am fed up with GM.

Did you speak directly with a GM person OR is that the dealer that is denying service??
Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 AM

Dealer

The dealer says they contacted GM
Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Raven 2008
The dealer says they contacted GM
Then Black Raven by all means utilized the Customeer Service phone number in the rear of your Owners Manual.

Remember the Customer Service people are NOT GM personal (it's a contracted service), although they essentially represent GM. Have your documents/facts in front of you and express your concern and disappointment in the dealers inability to repair a possible safety defect (rear brakes). You didn't indicate WHY you needed a NEW BCM but, depending on the need, I believe they can be reprogrammed. Was that done and for what? Results....?

IF you have any problem at all and the dealer acknowledges the problem but is unable, on their own inititive, to complete a satisfactory repair.......they then will contact GM for information/assistance. I can't believe GM said don't help this guy !!! . Now if the dealer cannot find anything in your complaint, no grinding, no dragging, etc., that is an entirely different issue.

Quick Reply: Temp guage