Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Traded in my bagged hhr (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/traded-my-bagged-hhr-34221/)

garagebuilt 02-27-2011 09:46 AM

Traded in my bagged hhr

Got rid of the bagged hhr. A Honda dealer had a z71 I wanted and they were kind enough to take my hhr as a trade and they actually gave me what I owed. They don't know anything about the air bags so it will be funny when it runs out of air

2010SilverIceSS 02-27-2011 12:03 PM

When I traded in my truck for the SS, they had no idea it should have been totaled a few months before. But they did almost 6 grand in body work and when they went for a test drive, the trans was cooked. Truck was only valued at 6700 and I still got 4500 for it on trade in.

Dave

bk94si 02-27-2011 03:20 PM

I hate to say this but that stinks both of you. :(

urbexHHR 02-27-2011 03:42 PM

That's why dealers prices go up up up for everything...

Lucky 02-27-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bk94si (Post 538983)
I hate to say this but that stinks both of you. :(

x2:nono:

Mrs. DLVRNIT 02-27-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by garagebuilt (Post 538874)
Got rid of the bagged hhr. A Honda dealer had a z71 I wanted and they were kind enough to take my hhr as a trade and they actually gave me what I owed. They don't know anything about the air bags so it will be funny when it runs out of air

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS (Post 538923)
When I traded in my truck for the SS, they had no idea it should have been totaled a few months before. But they did almost 6 grand in body work and when they went for a test drive, the trans was cooked. Truck was only valued at 6700 and I still got 4500 for it on trade in.

Dave

:lol: We love it! Maybe the dealerships should do a more thurough inspection when purchasing or taking a vehicle in trade ;)! How many times do you see that they sell cars as is only to have the purchaser be told he's :mad: S.O.L.?

Peace.....

GDZHHR 02-27-2011 06:41 PM

it's known as full disclosure, can you say "fraud"?

damronjr 02-27-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR (Post 539081)
it's known as full disclosure, can you say "fraud"?

On the part of the dealer selling the car or the person trading it in? I don't think I've ever been asked to disclose any information on any of the vehicles I have ever traded in. They do their own inspection, you expect them to do it well.

lunchbox 02-27-2011 06:44 PM

ah man, that sucks. sad to see this one go, but at least you had your fun with it. did the dealership even ask about the suspension? or you had it at ride height? what dealership, i'm curious as to how much they plan on sellin it for

garagebuilt 02-27-2011 07:32 PM

I told them it was bagged they didn't ask. They dogged me for painting it myself too. They called around and had three people give them offers before they would tell me what they would give me. So I'm sure they had it sold rig away for what they gave me. They wouldn't let me take anything but the speaker and amp. I really wanted to swap wheel but I couldnt. It was the Honda dealer in lake Jackson tx. I still have a 51 chevy to play with so I don't think I'll miss it too much. It looked good in pics but it had problems. Exhaust leaks check engine lights cause of the evap canister and what not