General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

VIN locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 AM

VIN locations

I'm trying to locate the VIN numbers in places other than the label on the dash under the windshield or on the door jamb.More precisely those stamped somewhere on the car body,it's very important that I find their location in order to register my car in Italy.Thanks for your help
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 AM

Front of engine block, sometimes stamped under spare tire, front of frame near wheel Wells, inside door jam, tranny, windshield. There could be more. Dealer should be able to tell you. You can also check radiator support, firewall, steering column.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 AM
geg

Man! It's easy!
Stand in front of a car. Open the hood. Look to the left.
You need a left "cup." I do not know how it is in English, but it is the place where the tip of the Shock Absorber/Strut.

There you will see something like a piece of skotch-tape. This polymer. It protects the VIN, embossed on the body. This is the main VIN on the car. If you look closely, you can easily read the inscription.

Only for those who did not know this before.
You, guys, need to remember.
Manufacturer embossed VIN on the body of any vehicle in a place that is hard to fake.
Any teenager can make a tablet through the printer or stencil. But to intervene in the structure of the metal and make quality painting - a job for a professional, it is very time-consuming.
When you will buy another car - Spend 2 minutes, find the VIN on the body, comparing it with the tablet under glass. Maybe it'll save you the trouble.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Man! It's easy!
Stand in front of a car. Open the hood. Look to the left.
You need a left "cup." I do not know how it is in English, but it is the place where the tip of the Shock Absorber/Strut.

There you will see something like a piece of skotch-tape. This polymer. It protects the VIN, embossed on the body. This is the main VIN on the car. If you look closely, you can easily read the inscription.

Only for those who did not know this before.
You, guys, need to remember.
Manufacturer embossed VIN on the body of any vehicle in a place that is hard to fake.
Any teenager can make a tablet through the printer or stencil. But to intervene in the structure of the metal and make quality painting - a job for a professional, it is very time-consuming.
When you will buy another car - Spend 2 minutes, find the VIN on the body, comparing it with the tablet under glass. Maybe it'll save you the trouble.
I haven't been checking the Forum lately but tomorrow I'll go look where you suggest the VIN should be.Thanks