General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Want to buy an HHR but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Want to buy an HHR but...

Hello one and all!

I fell in love with the look of the HHR when it first came out. Now that the 2LT has the safety items and larger engine, I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy one...but....

I have owned Honda Accords for the past 8 years. They are absolutely trouble free. I have never had one problem, not one. I want to buy an HHR, but I get on forums like this one and read about problems, and well, I am reluctant. So my question is this: Have any of you wonderful HHR owners been blessed with a trouble free HHR?

Thanks!!

Sincerely,

MWG2
Maryland
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM

First off WELCOME to the forum!
Our HHR has not been trouble free, but for the most part the issues are small and fixs are quick and easy 1 day tops in the dealers shop. If I had to think of all the problems I've heard and experienced with these awesome lil rides and consider buying it again or picking up another one, I sure would in a second!
I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you in the forum with your new HHR if thats the way you go.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

1 here !!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Yes, except the popping with the radio.
Then there is the pop with the springs on the passenger side, but I leveled NEMO, so no stock springs. So this is my problem, not Chevy.

WELCOME
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Mine was trouble free except minor cosmetic issues until today which is under discussion on the Smoke In The Shop thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
Hello one and all!

I fell in love with the look of the HHR when it first came out. Now that the 2LT has the safety items and larger engine, Have any of you wonderful HHR owners been blessed with a trouble free HHR?
Welcome, I've been waiting since 2005 when I first heard about them also. The engine is the same size. either 2.2 or 2.4 but they got a few more ponies out of the 2.2 after the first year. I'm getting a '08 2LT either in Jan or Feb. Seems like a lot have had troubles but think most are trouble free. Hey, that's what the warranty is for, right? You can spot a HHR a mile away while all the others look the same. Just start reading the Threads on this site and you can learn alot. Think I've read about everyone on the site and now know what to expect when I get one and hope those bugs have been fixed. Pull the trigger.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

I have a feeling the previous owner of my car dumped it when the usual issues started coming up. I bought it at 11k in Aug. So far I have had the steering column replaced/The shifter replaced/ Traction control issue/ Brake discs resurfaced.

But I still like he car. Would I buy another? Probably not. I like to drive different cars when I change them.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 PM

2 Here, No water leaks, no brake discs resurfaced, no service light. no radio pop, no key sticking, well a little then lubed the lock sel. shaft and no more sticking. 07/04/05 D/O/B 40k+ wife and daughter have 07s of there own wife's 13K+ daughter's 2wk old
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
I have a feeling the previous owner of my car dumped it when the usual issues started coming up. I bought it at 11k in Aug. So far I have had the steering column replaced/The shifter replaced/ Traction control issue/ Brake discs resurfaced.

But I still like he car. Would I buy another? Probably not. I like to drive different cars when I change them.
Yes Kingfrog but all where 1st year issues so of course your going to have problems when your the ghinni (spelling) pig.... Chevy isn't alone every car Manufactorer and Models all have issues first and second years on the market as a new vehicle....
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 PM
jx3

R CA HHR and myself could probably tell the same stories.

Purchasing a first year production model, I didn't expect it to be problem free. I've only had a few minor probs which were all in and out of the dealer in a day, except for the "key stuck in ignition" problem. That required an overnight at a dealer due to occuring on a Sunday afternoon.

Would I buy another one? Hopefully there will be no need to consider that!