General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wheelie's Scare!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Wheelie's Scare!

OH MAN!, Did I have a scare with Wheelie today!!

I was at the bank drive thru and got out of Wheelie to put my transaction into the canister thingy, I could not reach the canister from inside Wheelie, so I got out and put the canister in.

Well..DUMB ME...I had Wheelie's keys still inside the ignition with the key on ACC, When i got out, Wheelie's door slowly closed...and CLICK!....I was locked out!! ..I was like..UGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! LOL!

Luckily, there was a nice teller that got out of her chair and helped me, She phoned the police for me and gave me a soda to calm down...That was nice of her...

So then..The police come...and the 1st thing he does is have me fill out a form, saying he is not responsable for any damage done in order to get inside Wheelie, Again I was like.. UGHHHH!!!!! I apologized to WHeelie before the officer started trying to get in.

After 5 minutes, The officer managed to open the door without damaging Wheelie..I was now like...THANK YOU GOD!!!..I thanked all that helped me and left the bank.

WHEW!!, That was close, The moral of this story Kids??...NEVER LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE IGNITION OF YOUR HHR WITH THE ACC's TURNED ON!...In My Case, If you do, you will be locked out, I have the preferrences set to where the doors unlock only if the ignition is completely off!

LESSON LEARNED!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM

I hear where you're coming from. I never get out of the car without taking the keys with me. Plus, I always have a 2nd set with me in my purse, that I normally take with me everywhere too.

My boyfriend has a solution for his car too...he carries 2 sets, one in each pocket and he's never been locked out either.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
jx3

I've got mine set to unlock when in park. This way I don't have to worry about getting locked out if I just step out for a second or two.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I hear where you're coming from. I never get out of the car without taking the keys with me. Plus, I always have a 2nd set with me in my purse, that I normally take with me everywhere too.

My boyfriend has a solution for his car too...he carries 2 sets, one in each pocket and he's never been locked out either.
My extra set of keys were in my house...locked with my other spare keys, there was no one in my house to help me, they were at work..I thought I was toast, Thank God for nice people who go out of their way to help those in need, I think I may order another set of keys and keep them with me as well. =)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Did you buy your car new? If you did you have free roadside assistance for when things like that happen. I've had to use it several times when I was younger, dumber, and owned a Sunfire GT.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Did you buy your car new? If you did you have free roadside assistance for when things like that happen. I've had to use it several times when I was younger, dumber, and owned a Sunfire GT.
Yes I did Captain..BUT GUESS WHAT???...my call phone was in Wheelie too When I got locked out!! LOL...I couldnt think clearly at that time, I didn't think of telling the teller who helped me to call Chevy assistance...Oh well, I'm greatful the plice helped me tho! =)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wheelie7
Yes I did Captain..BUT GUESS WHAT???...my call phone was in Wheelie too When I got locked out!! LOL...I couldnt think clearly at that time, I didn't think of telling the teller who helped me to call Chevy assistance...Oh well, I'm greatful the plice helped me tho! =)
That happened to me once in my Grand Am. To make things even worse it kept ringing. I had to have a police officer that I flagged down unlock me. Police will no longer unlock your car for you in my area. The tell you to call AAA, a locksmith, or a towing place.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That happened to me once in my Grand Am. To make things even worse it kept ringing. I had to have a police officer that I flagged down unlock me. Police will no longer unlock your car for you in my area. The tell you to call AAA, a locksmith, or a towing place.
I will make it a point to have my cell phone with me at all times when I get out of my beloved HHR. =)...Come live in Louisiana!!, Police here are SOOO helpful!! =)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
jx3

Guess you don't have OnStar?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM

Mine is set to unlock doors in park also..I'd be afraid of having what happened to you happening to me.

Glad it turned out ok in the end

Goose

Quick Reply: Wheelie's Scare!