Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Window Tint Done (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/window-tint-done-2881/)

dbarberaz 07-01-2006 10:39 PM

Window Tint Done

Just in time for the Flagstaff/Williams/Grand Cayon run I finally got the windows tinted. Had the tint the front windows 15%. I may add to the factory tint a little later on all the bacl windows. This weekend I also hope to have the chrome around the doors redone. The first time it did not take very good In due to the heat I think. This time I added some 3M glue to the back and so far the trial door has held just fine. I hope to have the speakers upgraded before I go to Williams.

MCANAW 07-01-2006 10:57 PM

Did the 15% make the front windows match the back ones?

dbarberaz 07-01-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by MCANAW
Did the 15% make the front windows match the back ones?

Looks like that is as close as you will get without going darker. I am wait a few days for the "haze" to go away and see. Others that have had it done will probally know better.

ng8650 07-01-2006 11:12 PM

I'll wait till someone else says it...:wink:

Ng

txsman2930 07-02-2006 12:20 AM

I had a hard time finding an exact match when I had my front windows done. One can't tell from the outside, but once inside, one can see a little bit of a color difference. It's not too bad though.

dnvachon 07-02-2006 09:40 PM

Other folks here said (if I'm not mistaken) they put 20% on the front windows and it's almost a perfect match for the rear windows.. I'm not positive but I think it says right on the back windows that they are 20% tinted... ??????? I put 5% on my back windows.. you can't see in them at all I like the "privacy" .. I have 20% to put on the front windows but I haven't done it yet cuz I'm cursed and get pulled over every time I tint the front winds.. it's illegal here in MI. to tint the fronts. Some folks never get pulled over but I do every time... I'm gonna try it anyway. :roll:

GDZHHR 07-02-2006 09:42 PM

Yup, 20% on mine almost a perfect match. Wife's is getting done Monday.

DYLANSHHR 07-02-2006 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by yeshua63043
Yup, 20% on mine almost a perfect match. Wife's is getting done Monday.

Mike,did your wife get a HHR ? Thanks for the pictures , sorry I havent responded sooner. Its been kinda busy . God bless you and your family !

Skatetheglobe 07-02-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ng8650
I'll wait till someone else says it...:wink:

Ng

haha:lol:

GDZHHR 07-03-2006 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by DYLANSHHR
Mike,did your wife get a HHR ? Thanks for the pictures , sorry I havent responded sooner. Its been kinda busy . God bless you and your family !

Yeah took advantage of the 0% financing. She was itching for one since Bristol. Then she had to go and lose her job three day later!:cry:

You can see the pics here or in my gallery.

Glad to here you got the pics.

The tribal thing you like on my windshiled, go to c28.com, they're having a closeout sale on a lot of their windw stickers. Got me a bunch of them!!:D