General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

As yet HHR'less Newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 PM

As yet HHR'less Newbie here

I've been reading posts for a few weeks and wanted to let everyone know how much help this forum is. I'm just about ready to buy, and thanks to everyones posting I know exactly what options I want but can't seem to settle on a color yet. One thing about the HHR is that I've rekindled my interest in having an automobile as more than a point a to point b thing. It's been too long. I'm actually excited about buying a car. What a deal. Thanks again to all you multi-posters.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM

and black is beautiful

Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM

orange really shines out but it is not a "limited" color. If you want a different color try getting a spring edition package hhr or try summit white.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:11 PM

if you want to get lots of looks go with white and ventvisors and runningboards makes a very sexy ride just ask sindy
Old 07-19-2006, 02:16 PM

to chevyhhr.net...the #1 place for anything HHR.

When I first saw the HHR I couldn't make up my mind either. At first I wanted the Daytona Blue, then I wanted the Amethyst...but finally settled on Sunburst Orange. It definitely turns heads and sticks out in a crowd. Look forward to seeing you around the boards and hearing what you finally decide to get.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM

Go Black....You know the saying....

Ng
Old 07-19-2006, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome courthousedeb and for everyones color suggestions. Color being the subjective thang it is, i should have given some context. I’ve had black for my last 3 cars, and two black /one gray interiors. I’m ready for a change. Long story short, it’s between a Black, White, Red metallic and Orange metallic car, so that I can have a cashmere interior.

Unless someone has something bad of substance to say about the leather interiors, I’m getting leather.

I think it’s time to visit some car lots on Sunday so I can take another look at the Sport Red Metallic, and the Sunburst Orange Metallic.

Rockets are flying and people are dying and I’m struggling with what color car to buy. What a world.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:55 PM

I say go with the Sport Red with cashmere.. It's snazzy.. but maybe I'm biased.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by riverwind
Unless someone has something bad of substance to say about the leather interiors, I’m getting leather.

I think it’s time to visit some car lots on Sunday so I can take another look at the Sport Red Metallic, and the Sunburst Orange Metallic.
Sounds like you're getting pretty close to making a decision. Best thing to do is to see them in person, so you can enjoy what they really lok like. One of the reasons I went with the Sunburst Orange was because it was different, bold and stands out in a crowd...kinda like me.

As for the leather versus cloth issue, that's a matter of what makes you happy. Leather is very nice and rich looking, but I'd be dying in it today when the temps being nearly 100. It's too hot today to wear slacks and not stick to the seats when you first get in, so I opted to wear shorts and scare people with my lilly white legs instead. The downside to the cloth is that they stain much easier, but if you use Prestone Upholstery Cleaner...they stay good as new. Upside to leather...you can get heated seats for those cold Kansas nights.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
As for the leather versus cloth issue, that's a matter of what makes you happy. The downside to the cloth is that they stain much easier, but if you use Prestone Upholstery Cleaner...they stay good as new. Upside to leather...you can get heated seats for those cold Kansas nights.
Thanks, I had read about the problems with the cloth, but hadn't caught the post about the Prestone Upholstery Cleaner. I might go with cloth instead, and save a few bucks. As I speak/type the temp here is 103 degrees. Air or not, I'm sure I'd be sticking to the leather.

Quick Reply: As yet HHR'less Newbie here