GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

2007 Chevy HHR LT - Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 12:10 PM

2007 Chevy HHR LT - Recalls

I have read up on a few recalls on the 2007. Is there anyway of knowing if recalled repairs were done by previous owner(s)?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:18 PM

Yes, https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-recall-campaigns-70/
Old 08-03-2020, 02:14 PM

Surprisingly it appears all recalls were taken care of on my HHR.

I decided to sign up so I could be alerted of any issues in the future. Their site is a POS. I added my HHR to my "garage" account. It asks if I want to add additional vehicles. I don't have more to add...but no way getting past that area other than backing out. If I try to do much of anything it takes me immediately back to the "add another vehicle".

So I contacted customer support. . What a joke! She suggested I contact OnStar for further help. I told her I wasn't aware I had OnStar. She said all GM automobiles have OnStar. After about 10 minutes of trying to tell her there are no
buttons on my rearview mirror....she finally gave up and told me to contact customer support by phone. 🙄

All I wanted to do was navigate the site. I may appear to be not so smart. I'm pretty damn intelligent...I can't handle stupid people!

(steps down from soapbox)

Last edited by Ronnie; 08-03-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-03-2020, 03:20 PM

Signing up is just giving them permission to try to sell stuff. Don't do it ever unless you get something in exchange. The current registered owner will always get notified at the registered address of any recall.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:27 PM
Administrator

X2 what of he said^^^^^
Old 08-03-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Signing up is just giving them permission to try to sell stuff. Don't do it ever unless you get something in exchange. The current registered owner will always get notified at the registered address of any recall.
Good to know!
Old 08-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
X2 what of he said^^^^^
Good to know (x2)
Old 10-05-2023, 12:40 AM

The NHTSA is suppose to be the all knowing about your specific vehicle as per your specific VIN #. But, their response is always that their are no recalls for your vehicle that have not already been tended to. And that my friends is a crock of crap. You see I know the 1st and only other owners of my son's hhr. They've never gotten any notice of recalls, nor have they ever had any remedied. I simply mentioned that information to the NHTSA web site with a few photographs of the original, never replaced parts and equipment in my boys car. They were very apologetic and claimed they simply misspoke. I do, and have done all of the repair, maintenance, & upkeep on that car. And there isn't ANYTHING that I don't know about it. Okay, maybe a few things still illude me, but I'm not afraid to ask for help either. Lol. While you may not know the previous owners of your vehicle, or even know how many previous owners there may be. It's easy information to obtain. And anyone can take pictures to show that original recalled equipment is still in place and still needs to be delt with. But that's just my 2 cents.
​​​​​ 😁
Old 10-05-2023, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

I disagree. Those recall parts look exactly like the OEM parts.
HHR’s didn’t have much for recalls other than the ignition parts and power steering motor. I’ve seen all the ignition recall parts before they were installed. Look just like the originals. The new keys were the only thing noticeably different.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:15 PM

And many times,the old keys were given back to the owner after the recall work was completed. So having the old keys doesn't mean that the recall work wasn't done.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chevy HHR LT - Recalls