GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Does GM even know IF your recall parts are ordered ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Does GM even know IF your recall parts are ordered ?

Let me explain: I think that GM and their dealers really need to get on the same page so to say.

The 1st week of July, I went to the local Chevy dealer and had my recall parts ordered.
Aug. 12, I get a letter from GM saying they have not received a parts order for my car as of July 14.
Aug. 15, I get a call from my dealer saying the parts are in.

To me, it sounds like GM really is not up to speed as far as what's going on with their own company.

Here's the letter I got on Aug. 12. I'll take it to the dealer when they do my recall work on Tuesday.

Name:  recall notice.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  33.6 KB
Old 08-15-2014, 03:33 PM

I just got the same letter a couple days ago. I already initiated a parts order through my dealer well over a month+ ago. I did it through the website this time since my dealer had no record of it.

I'm sure they are overwhelmed but the left hand isn't talking with the right hand very well at the moment.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 PM

My dealer wrote my name & phone # on a piece of paper & said "We'll be in touch" when I took my first recall letter in. That was 2 months ago, haven't heard a peep from them. I'm not worried though, mine is a 2011, which supposedly came from the factory with the improved switch.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM

Interesting. I have 2 cars that have not even had their ignitions ordered yet. I guess I should be expecting two of these letters soon.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:29 PM

Ha! When I typed the above they were sitting in my mailbox :).

I noticed that in the letter included with the card shown above, that they state that parts should be ready by Oct. I am guessing that must mean that around that time they expect to have a large amount of them made and ready to be sent to dealerships within a day or two of being ordered rather than months later.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:18 AM

I got one of these, yesterday, too. Ironically, yesterday was the day I got the recalls done at the dealer...

However, the dealer told me they gave me someone else's parts that had been sitting there for over 2 months. They said that that was their policy for now, so I got to jump the line (after still waiting about 2 months). I got to do this because I asked if anything like this was possible, after being told my parts were not yet available. Might be of use to anyone who really wants it done sooner than later. It does sound like a bookkeeping nightmare, though, for the dealer.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:56 AM

I finally got a call from the dealer today. My car goes in Tuesday morning for the recall fix.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 AM

George same letter same story. They called said parts in. When I went to set up appointment my parts were not there .. They reordered :O Parts in supposed to be done Monday, If they haven't lost my parts again lol
Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 PM

I took mine in a couple of days after I traded for it and that
has been 3 months or so ago and I haven't heard a thing out
of the dealer yet. I went in about 3 weeks ago and they said
the parts hadn't come in yet. I just hope nothing bad happens
between now and then like the switch turning off on its own
and causing me to have a wreck.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 PM

Kind of odd on mine. I dropped my car off at 730 and about 15 minutes ago I got a call from Enterprise setting me up in a rental car... I have yet to hear from the dealer on whats going on though.

Quick Reply: Does GM even know IF your recall parts are ordered ?