GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

how many of you registered for the class action lawsuit re power steering &ign switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:08 PM

Angry how many of you registered for the class action lawsuit re power steering &ign switch

Good day, wondering if any members&others have signed up or are considering to re GM VEHILCLES namely HHR. i have been a member since 2009 and have owned a few of the above vehicles .the 2009 was a right off due to loss of steering and the 20011 which we still own and are relucktent to drive in lieu of all the information coming out recently. having lost one car &now this ign recall is a bit much.my dealer is stating may not be fixed till oct.this is un acceptable in my view.the law firm e mailed me to day to state if i have safety issues regarding drive avility to ask for a rental which they will be responsible for. as i am a cdn owner ,they stated we are entitled to same privileges as our US customers.also stated i could file for the 2009 which i also did.so in my case it will be for both the 2009&2011.we liked the vehicles but to hide the truth for 11 yrs is a bit much,especially when it comes to compromising my families safety.also i can see a substantial financial loss at trade in time.the last 4 cars were new GM but i dare say this will be our last.and this is the reason for registering for the class action law suit.please understand the above comments are my views only &not meant to in flame anyone other than the disappointment toward the general,that they would put profit above a valued customer. i would appreciate hearing other members views &comments.
regards&later kewatin
Old 06-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

What?.... I'm sorry, but this is about impossible to read and understand.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:49 PM

I agree.

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Old 06-05-2014, 03:52 PM

not hard to understand at all about class action lawsuit for ign switch &power steer

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
sir if you are the owner of effected vehicles, you are entitled to compensation.
MARY BARA STATED as much in this mornings press release05/062014.
i have registered to be included in this class action lawsuit,as the result of a complete loss to the 2009 hhr and also the ign problem with our 2011. you sir as every other owner &victim are entitled to compensation for financial loss
ie example trade in value,don't feel safe driving it etc etc the law firm representing canadian customers called me this morn &also stated we are entitled to a free rental car till problem is resolved which in my case could be oct 2014.
trust this is now clarified for your understanding. your choice to sign up or not/
regards&later KEWATIN
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM

I get the just of the message. I have a 2006 and have not registered. I am reluctant to add my name to a list that a legal firm has solicited. I also haven't had a problem with the steering or the ignition switch (79K). I will have the switch fixed as my key is starting to act funny.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kewatin
sir if you are the owner of effected vehicles, you are entitled to compensation.
i have registered to be included in this class action lawsuit,as the result of a complete loss to the 2009 hhr and also the ign problem with our 2011. you sir as every other owner &victim are entitled to compensation for financial loss
ie example trade in value,don't feel safe driving it etc etc the law firm representing canadian customers called me this morn &also stated we are entitled to a free rental car till problem is resolved which in my case could be oct 2014.
trust this is now clarified for your understanding. your choice to sign up or not/
regards&later KEWATIN
I'll pass on bullying GM. How do you figure you were victimized by the loss of your 09?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kewatin
regards&later KEWATIN
I'll pass on some law firm looking for that "Big Case" .

P.S. Kewatin. (Punctuation and capitalization would go a long ways if you want someone to take your thread seriously.)
Old 06-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Administrator

So, all aboard the lawyer crazy train. I didn't see this type of lawsuit for other recalls but I am Canadian and maybe we didn't count back then.
I can understand for the loss of your '09 but didn't your insurance company cut you a cheque for that, therefore the insurance company suffered the loss and not you?
As for the 2011, you would have to have GM refuse to replace the recall parts to really suffer any financial loss, trade in value may or may not be effected.
It's to early to tell for sure!!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:38 PM

loss of 2009

loss of 2009 was due in part to power steering failure,yes we were compensated for car &injuries but still loss $2900 on replacement costs with only26000 km on car,2011 local dodge dealer isn't interested in me trading it in as he can't sell it till recall is done. recall info from dealer states could be oct till fixed.i am in know way bashing anyone just exercising my right for compensation for the false premises we were told when buying vehicles.sorry about spelling &other errors but up here i attended school in an igloo &it was hard,but i sure as hell play good hockey aye/. gee wiz lighten up folks .i have had a wonderfull tenure on this forum for yrs and it has been very helpfull &informative. but i am not happy about the financial loss i could encounter if i wanted to trade .plus the fact that some of this info was hidden for 10 yrs or more.and to say gm values me as a good customer, i think not. again MY OPINION
regards&later kewatin
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

I do wish you luck.....

In my experience in class action activity, the lawyers are the ones that make the big money. For example......

2 GM vehicles with the infamous Dexcool silicone problem. I got $70 each. One repair cost me almost $600 (the other vehicle was traded). One other repair was done before all the legal activity, was done on GM "good will" but the dealer owner indicated it was a $500 charge back to GM.

I was also involved in the DeBeers Diamond price fixing class action. Got just under $400 for about $23,000 in claims.

Can't remember what the court allowed as the final total settlement, but each was in the 100's of millions of dollars. Lawyers got almost 2/3 of the money.

Quick Reply: how many of you registered for the class action lawsuit re power steering &ign switch