GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm sure the service manager at his local dealer could find out anything that you could find out.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by db/sb
I'm sure the service manager at his local dealer could find out anything that you could find out.
Perhaps the GM reps here can explain why this is a non-replace recall? It seems the dealerships are being told not to replace anything until the customer complains and simply extending our part warranty on the PS to 150k miles.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Administrator

that would be because the ps issue is intermittent and not all HHRs have this problem, therefor if you have the issue of a code for your PS, then bring it to your GM dealers attention
Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by King Aires
Perhaps the GM reps here can explain why this is a non-replace recall? It seems the dealerships are being told not to replace anything until the customer complains and simply extending our part warranty on the PS to 150k miles.
I just read the entire recall info and it shows different parts to be replaced depending on the year/make/model. Where did you get the "non-replace" recall info from? I have not seen anything of the sort.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Oldblue
that would be because the ps issue is intermittent and not all HHRs have this problem, therefor if you have the issue of a code for your PS, then bring it to your GM dealers attention
Sounds about right. I am glad they are warrantying that part in case it really is defective and they wait 10 years to do something more about it... not that they would ever
Old 04-01-2014, 02:48 PM

After reading it, I owned a Malibu Maxx that is included in this one (now DD's car) and it looks like they are extending the offer to repair, if and when it breaks.

But if it was already replaced under another # , then you are not included.
Mine was replaced and refunded when I received letter in 2012 (this letter was for 10 year 150,00 mile.)

So as I understand it, they are just offering to fix it whenever it happens, but only once. (Maybe the new part after the 2010 date listed was an improved part?)
Old 04-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
After reading it, I owned a Malibu Maxx that is included in this one (now DD's car) and it looks like they are extending the offer to repair, if and when it breaks.

But if it was already replaced under another # , then you are not included.
Mine was replaced and refunded when I received letter in 2012 (this letter was for 10 year 150,00 mile.)

So as I understand it, they are just offering to fix it whenever it happens, but only once. (Maybe the new part after the 2010 date listed was an improved part?)
It is, the new part is a Japanese made Denso. Kinda disconcerting that they know there is an issue but they want you to have a failure before replacing the part...
Old 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM

Hello Everyone,

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the recall(s). Please contact us via private message if needed. Thank you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 AM

I had to replace my PS motor 3 weeks ago. Hope I can be reimbursed for the part.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM

I bought my 2009 HHR LT2 brand new in 2009.. One month in, the ignition would not shut off and was replaced by the dealer. It has been in twice for the "Clunk", which it has done since the first day. Dealer always says they can't find anything....it sounds like you are running over logs in a boat-real bad, and has ruined my HHR experience- I love my car but for that. Obviously no sense taking it back in, it must be a "feature" of HHRs. Now the power steering....maybe when they replace that the clunk will go away....(?) - that would really make my day.
My car only has 28,000 miles on it - thought they were supposed to last longer - my clunk (bad) has been since day one.
-Tulsa mike

Quick Reply: NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!