Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   GM Recall Campaigns (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-recall-campaigns-70/)
-   -   went to the dealer for the recall... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-recall-campaigns-70/went-dealer-recall-50152/)

penning4544 06-30-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by penning4544 (Post 748843)
I dropped my HHR off two weeks ago because I couldn't even turn the car off. So I just dropeed it off and the service guys told me it might be three weeks to get the part. I said I understood and being I can't turn the key at all, the car wasn't doing me any good. And being I used to work in Audi service, I know how the recall process can work and not being able to get parts, etc... So I called yesterday just to get a status, they asked who I was (last name) and couldn't find me in the system, then they asked what kind of car it was (HHR SS, solid rear quarter, can't be many of those there), I waited on hold for 15 minutes just to be asked those same questions again. So that tells me that the guy can't find me in the system and tells me to just wait till I get a phone call. I almost asked, how are you going to call me if you can't find me in the system or my paperwork. Got to love it.

So I sent an e-mail to the service manager on Thursday asking status on my car being I didn't want to wait on hold again and explained the last time I called on what happened. The response I got was an apology for the delay and that GM has taken full control of the parts distribution. Later that day, the part arrived, and they asked if they could have it overnight to look at another issue and they would call me the next day, I told them they already had it over a month, what's one more day. I still haven't got a phone call. So I wonder if the part did come in, or if they lost me again. In any case, when I get my HHR back, I'll be selling it, I'm done with this. My boss had the same service issues at another dealer, I just don't have a quality dealer that understands customer service anymore, and the manufacture doesn't have time to even care with all the recalls they have going on.

donbrew 07-04-2014 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by penning4544 (Post 751606)
So I sent an e-mail to the service manager on Thursday asking status on my car being I didn't want to wait on hold again and explained the last time I called on what happened. The response I got was an apology for the delay and that GM has taken full control of the parts distribution. Later that day, the part arrived, and they asked if they could have it overnight to look at another issue and they would call me the next day, I told them they already had it over a month, what's one more day. I still haven't got a phone call. So I wonder if the part did come in, or if they lost me again. In any case, when I get my HHR back, I'll be selling it, I'm done with this. My boss had the same service issues at another dealer, I just don't have a quality dealer that understands customer service anymore, and the manufacture doesn't have time to even care with all the recalls they have going on.

Methinks a lot is missing from the story. I have had a car sit on a dealers lot for a week waiting to get OBD codes read, so I get that. But something is missing.

Inframan 07-05-2014 12:17 AM

I kept putting off taking in my HHR. I couldn't think of when I would have time. I got a couple letters and a post card. Luckily, I have a good friend who is a Chevy mechanic. He told me about the getting a free rental even while I would be waiting for the parts. He set me up on a waiting list for the rental. His dealership is about 30 miles out of the city so the small town rental place had a limited number of cars available. He left my name with the service advisor. That guy was great. So friendly and was he told me a couple stories about the recall. Including a woman who had just picked up her car one day short of two months. Her rental was almost $2K!!! I told him as long as I have a car to get me where I need to go, I'll be fine. I ended up with a Cruze LTZ with the RS package. This is a small car but its a nice trade up from my HHR. Leather, sunroof, push button start and a whole bunch of goodies in it. Sorry to hear that others are finding it difficult to get their situation resolved. Actually, I might complain when I get my HHR back!!! LOL :D

toolbender 07-07-2014 10:13 AM

I stopped by the dealer last week for an arrival update on parts; ended up scheduling for tomorrow as the parts had been setting back on a shelf. When I asked how I would get home after dropping the vehicle off; was told I could just set and wait, as they've refined the repair time. We'll see if that goes according to plan. If not, perhaps I'll spend the time at a competing dealerships next door to where I'll be waiting to see how eager they are for business. The way I see it this Chevy dealer is missing an opportunity to sway future purchase.

tucsondivots 07-07-2014 03:07 PM

Took my 2006 HHR to the dealership today for ignition recall. Done in about 90 minutes. No drama, everything works fine. I am taking my 2010 HHR in next week. That will leave only the power steering motor in my 2010 to be done. Parts not available yet.

ewg53 07-08-2014 09:55 AM

Dropped my 2006 off this morning appointment for 7 asked if it would be done by 12 said they would need it all day.
Said they have some from yesterday that they have not touched yet, dealer is in National City,CA big Navy town so lots of cars from all over country here.

jimfet 07-09-2014 12:50 PM

Just had mine done today. Had a 10:00 appointment, and they were done at 10:30. New switch and 2 new keys. 2 more HHR's were there getting theirs done also.

Laco 07-11-2014 02:04 PM

I called a week ago, was told by local dealer they would order the parts. They called two days ago, scheduled for this morning, left the car around 8:00am, got a call @ 10:20, car was ready. New switch, two new keys that work in the ignition and the door, all seems well. Ignition switch has a completely different feel to it, more solid feeling. Local dealer is really backed up with recall work, more active than I have ever seen that dealership.

sleeper 07-11-2014 11:37 PM

My parts are 'in'. They are just waiting for me to schedule an appt to do the dealio..

They said it was a 1 to 1.5 hr fix... Guess they are pretty well practiced up on swapping these over..

Forgot to ask them, But do they need to disconnect the battery in back for this ?

I got a ton of stuff in there..

hurst2001 07-12-2014 06:03 PM

Just had mine done today sat,and i waited over 2 hours for them to do it, and furthermore know my remote start does not work after i got home to test it ...So know im am:grrrr: ,It worked before with no problem no check engine light on nothing ,the lights will flash but that it nothing.. wondering if the need tp program it ,calling them Monday and *****..So check your remote start before you leave....