HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Baby got hailed on

Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 AM

Baby got hailed on

We had hail storm last night, most were 3/8 to a half inch in size with a few up to 1 inch. It looked like it had snowed here.Can`t see any damage, I will look closer after I get home from work
Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 AM

Don't your hailstones come in milimeters and centimeters?

Good luck with that. We had hail last week.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Hail damage sucks. Sorry if you take some damages. I had $5000 and $4000 in damages on my Cobalt on 2 separate claims. This year we have had at least 15 severe thunderstorms in the last month with hail anywhere up to golf ball sized.

I watch the weather network constantly and race over to my shop to hide even at the slightest sign of hail. No garage FTL. So far so good. I got peppered driving thru a storm a few weeks ago, and the HHR came out fine much to my surprise and pleasure!

Good Luck!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:32 AM

Does homeowners insurance cover hail damage?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Does homeowners insurance cover hail damage?

It does for your home.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:26 PM

We had baseball size hail here in Ohio last year. I was lucky as I only had some Boken panels od siding. The cars were in and I was at Disneyland in California.

It was so big it took out window of cars and the paintless dent removal people were here for 6 months working.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Roof, hood, tops of doors and Quarter Panals are all damaged. I have had the truck 7 days and less than 100 miles on it. I am going to be sick. I have told the insurance I want a new truck, not a repaired one.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
Roof, hood, tops of doors and Quarter Panals are all damaged. I have had the truck 7 days and less than 100 miles on it. I am going to be sick. I have told the insurance I want a new truck, not a repaired one.

Don't over react yet [That was my first reaction too in the past].

They will want you to seek paintless dent removal.

I have had this done on several of my vehicles for door dents and even when I had a speaker fall from my loft on my truck hood.

I have a guy locally here that is the best and he can remove the dents with out anyone knowing they were there.

Most of these guys are good and can do a top notch job. At worse if there is a place they can not reach they will drill a small hole inside some where like they used to for Zebart and work the dent out and plug the hole.

In your case they can fix the hood with no issues, Remove the headliner to fix the roof. Remove the door panels to fix the doors and go in the wheel wells to fix the fenders. Request the panels be removed and they will not drill the holes unless there is no choice.

Most times they can fix the worse hail damaged car in a few hours. No painting, no body work and no hassels.

Besides I can tell you they will not give you a new car.

The paintless way is not just the cheapest way but also the best way to fix this.

I was sick when they hit the wifes new GTP door but my dent guy fixed it in 15 min.

Relax and give them a chance I think you will be suprised how they will do a very acceptable job.

When my buddys Merc got dented by the baseball sized hail they were able to fix it all with no sign of damage and neve had to paint a panel.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
Holy Sh*t, {I'M GETTING SICK TOO} That's gotta hurt bad. Keep us updated on the outcome...
Good Luck
Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 PM

I dropped the truck off at the dealers for the insurance guy to look at tomorrow. They have over a hundred customers booked in with hail damage. There lot did not get the hail but the GMC dealer down the road got hammered like me. We will see how good my insurance company is tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Baby got hailed on