HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

The beauty queen that wouldn't leave the showroom.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM

Talking The beauty queen that wouldn't leave the showroom.

Ok guys; It’s my turn to show you my brand new Mexican beauty Queen.

She was born in Ramos Arizpe Mexico, 12/07, so it’s an 08. After she was born, she felt the need to go to an exotic place, instead of baking under the sun in Mexico, so she headed for the great white north, and arrived here in Quebec city, some time in January 2008. When she arrived, the dealer thought it would be a pity to leave such a Mexican beauty outside in the cold Quebec snowy blizzard. So he decided she deserved a cozy spot in the showroom. So out goes the 4x4 Silverado that was in the showroom in her place.

As the time went by, the beauty queen became more and more stubborn, and refused to be sold to any customer that looked at her. She told the dealer that, being a beauty queen, he must absolutely find the perfect buyer for her, or she would refuse to move outside of the showroom. So the dealer, looking at her pretty eyes, couldn’t do anything but agree with her, and promised her he would only sell her to the perfect buyer.

So on 03/26/2009, I was looking to replace my 2007 Cobalt LT, and then spotted a newly arrived black 09 Cobalt SS. The adrenaline started flowing.... My heart was pumping... I was really interested....... OMG... gosh.. it’s a 5sp manual.. :o( My blood pressure then dropped suddenly.... the adrenaline faded to zero. The salesman that came out to meet me then, saw my disarray to find that the Cobalt was indeed a manual. He said ‘’I know how you feel’’. I then told the salesman that I was looking for either a 2009 black Cobalt SS automatic, or a black HHR. The salesman then said ‘’we indeed have a blue HHR SS, but the SS is so stubborn. She refuses to be sold to anyone, unless we find the perfect buyer for her.’’ I said ‘’show me’’ He said ‘’nawwwww... she won’t budge.. I tell you’’ I said’’ show me, anyway’’ He said ‘’OK’’.

As we went inside, the salesman handed me the keys. As I got by the HHR, the beauty queen and I, stared at each other. It was love at first sight ! :o)))) I then pressed a button on the remote. Her beautiful eyes suddenly shined brightly. She just seemed to come back to life. I then asked the beauty queen: ‘’ The salesman told me you were only looking for the perfect buyer for you, or you wouldn’t budge. Am I the perfect buyer? If you say yes, I promise to give you all the TLC that you deserve’’ I then pressed another button on the remote. She then flashed her eyes and the horn activated, briefly. The salesman then said ‘’ Whoooo.... she refused to do that, for over a year’’. I think she’s telling us that she finally found the perfect buyer. Would you care to drive her home? She’s so stubborn you know. She’s got to move. We’ll sell her to you for a very special price... she’s got to move. Would you adopt her? I said ‘’YES’’ :o))))))))))

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/bro...3&userid=14505
Old 03-31-2009, 05:34 PM

**sigh** what a lucky gal to find true love...

I LOVE this post.
AND my FAVORITE color too!

Congratulations!

@
Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 PM

Smile

That was an absolutely unbelievable story
Enjoy that beautiful SS
Old 03-31-2009, 06:11 PM

Great looking HHR I love this color and would have considered it if I could get a two tone interior without the light gray. I would get it dirty with the dog.

As for the story here is some polite advice. Don't quite your day job!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 PM

Nice SS! Don't see many in that color...

Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

Thanks for posting the pics here!

Oh.. and don't worry guys about the cream colored floor mats. I'll get a set of black ones pretty soon.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 PM

Looks great !!! I debated between Imperial Blue and the Silverstone, But all the IB SS's I found had roof rails which I didn't want. Congrats and enjoy it !!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:24 PM

You might want to get her pregnant with a new GM Stage 1 kit. Watch her hips shimmy then.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 PM

Nice! I really like that story!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
You might want to get her pregnant with a new GM Stage 1 kit. Watch her hips shimmy then.
LOL!!!
Hey now, this is a family site!

QC, if you need help finding your linda azulita imperiál (blue imperial beauty) a name in Spanish, let me know!

@ngelita..

Quick Reply: The beauty queen that wouldn't leave the showroom.