HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Chrysler's Jason Vines Slaps Back At "Maximum" Bob Lutz

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Chrysler's Jason Vines Slaps Back At "Maximum" Bob Lutz

Since it's been so slow on here recently, maybe this will fire up something...
From jalopnik.com...
http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit/chr...bob-290829.php

Oh boy, these "Retro Car Wars" are on! Jason "Mad Man" Vines, PR chief for "The Chrysler Group" has a retort to "Maximum" Bob Lutz's earlier backhand to the PT Cruiser. Here's what Vines had to say:

"To quote Maximum Bob, 'it's just sad.' Normally, we have great respect for General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz. But lately, he seems to be preoccupied with us in Auburn Hills.

Just a few weeks ago, for no apparent reason, Lutz took a shot at Bob Nardelli, the CEO of The New Chrysler. As we've said, Bob Nardelli will bring a fresh set of eyes to the company. But Lutz dismissed his hiring as a bias against Detroit auto executives who are "under-educated Midwestern idiots."

Then on Thursday, while at the Woodward Dream Cruise introducing the 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS, Lutz took a swipe at the newest special edition Chrysler PT - the 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Sunset Boulevard Edition.

He called the HHR SS "the real deal" and "not some special edition".

Hmmm....he seems to forget that the 'real deal' HHR is described by pundits as a copy of the PT Cruiser. Not to mention that GM recruited the designer of the PT Cruiser to style the HHR. Or that Chrysler has been showing special editions at the Woodward Dream Cruise for years, long before GM.

What's next from Lutz?

Sounds like he needs to talk out his anxieties. To hear his nervous chatter, you'd think WE'RE the one that is about to pass GM in total sales."
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 PM

just what the world needs... a root beer-colored PT Cruiser.

Thanks but no thanks, Jason.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 PM

126 views and no comments.
wow this place is deader than dead.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

i like that root beer brown paint...i wonder if this beef will lead to gun shots!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by quest51210
i like that root beer brown paint...i wonder if this beef will lead to gun shots!
"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire
Old 09-14-2007, 12:04 PM

I still like the PTs though I've never driven one. They pioneered the small chassis retro thing that Chevy then made the HHR on. I have no problem admitting there would vvery likely be no HHR if it were not for the PT.
I hope both cars can stay a while longer in the fleets of their respective manufacturers.

I go to jalopnic now and then. A lot of interesting stuff there, least of which is their link to fleshbot

You are right though, dead around here lately. I pop in and find I've nothing to say. I'm busy on the photoshop computer processing image files from last Saturday's wedding.
Hmm, maybe I'l start a wedding pic thread
Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

There's nothing really new to talk about on the SS, so why bother with a slapfest between Lutz and Vines?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
There's nothing really new to talk about on the SS, so why bother with a slapfest between Lutz and Vines?
well it's really no big deal. I just thought it was kinda funny that Chrysler and Chevy are taking potshots at each other over "special editions."

We could always talk about the weather. Or not.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
well it's really no big deal. I just thought it was kinda funny that Chrysler and Chevy are taking potshots at each other over "special editions."

A cold front just went through here in Ohio it is chilly now
Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D

A foot of snow predicted for tonight and wind chills in the - 10 to -20 degree range...in short, another balmy late summer day in Buffalo, NY

Quick Reply: Chrysler's Jason Vines Slaps Back At "Maximum" Bob Lutz